75-80 pto cab tractor picks

/ 75-80 pto cab tractor picks #11  
I would call Messick's, they have a heck of a deal on an M95 with cab and loader.

/ 75-80 pto cab tractor picks
I have a problem with Kubota since I bought my RTV. There is a long thread about it, but in short, I will not buy their products.

/ 75-80 pto cab tractor picks #13  
If you can get a new MF5400 with a cab and loader for around $45k, you better jump on it, or tell me where it is and I will. They price out around $60k around here.

No, not new.
3645 300 hrs DL 260 loader - 36k

5445 2500 hrs loader - 34k

5460 480 hrs loader - 40k

All in good condition.
What do you think?
I'm thinking used looks good. 2500 hrs anything to worry about on the 5445?

New 5445 w/loader, bale spear, front remote -$64,000.

/ 75-80 pto cab tractor picks #15  
No, not new.
3645 300 hrs DL 260 loader - 36k

5445 2500 hrs loader - 34k

5460 480 hrs loader - 40k

All in good condition.
What do you think?
I'm thinking used looks good. 2500 hrs anything to worry about on the 5445?

New 5445 w/loader, bale spear, front remote -$64,000.

If in good shape, I wouldn't be concerned about 2500 hrs on a tractor of that size. Lots of life left. Should be able to make 7500 hours without serious issues, especially with hay work.
The 5460 seems like a better deal with much lower hours and more hp. Why not the larger tractor for $6K more?

/ 75-80 pto cab tractor picks #16  
I have a problem with Kubota since I bought my RTV. There is a long thread about it, but in short, I will not buy their products.

Interesting. Can you post a link to that thread? Thanks

/ 75-80 pto cab tractor picks #17  
Take a look at the larger models in the Massey Ferguson 500 series. I've owned a pair of 583's for right at a year now. They were used last season for commercial mowing. (15' batwings) Combined, they logged well over 3200 hours in one year. MUCH more use than is typical. No problems to report. They're a lot of bang for the buck.

Redman1...I think your right. For the money its a better deal on the larger tractor.

Flusher...here is the link:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/60003-news-rtv-shaft-rattle.html

Farmwithjunk...I was told by a MF dealer that you can not get a power reverser type transmission on the 400 or 500 series tractors. Thats one of the major reasons I am upgrading. Doing a lot of loader work moving hay and transmission that allows reversing direction at the flip of a lever is desirable.

/ 75-80 pto cab tractor picks #19  
Farmwithjunk...I was told by a MF dealer that you can not get a power reverser type transmission on the 400 or 500 series tractors. Thats one of the major reasons I am upgrading. Doing a lot of loader work moving hay and transmission that allows reversing direction at the flip of a lever is desirable.

Having a power reverser was an important feature to me as well. I compared the MF 5400 series, Case Farmall U series, and Kubota M series. I went with the Kubota M8540 with hydraulic shuttle. Just my opinion, but if you want a utility tractor with a power reverser it seems to me that Kubota offers the most value.

/ 75-80 pto cab tractor picks #20  
Slippy,

Do you need MFWD? If not, you can look at a 2WD JD6230, PowrQuad, cab, etc. for right around $43,000 (15% off MSRP). Adding a loader, second SVC, and other goodies will probably get you up back to $50,000. It all depends on how you option it out, what you're dealer will do for you, etc., etc.

The PowrQuad is a nice transmission. Of course, if you add MFWD, you're looking at closer to the $60,000 range.

If you're looking at 250 acres of hay, you really need to consider what equipment you'll be using and match your tractor to the implement's requirements. You also want really good dealer support (at minimum, good parts supply) for both your tractor and implements. When its time to cut, ted, and/or bale, you cannot afford to be waiting on parts.

I would consider one used 100+ hp ag tractor and then one or two used tractors in the 60 to 80 hp range. Use the big guy for occasional tilling needs, running a stack wagon, big haybine, conditioner/mower etc., the 80 hp guy for the baler & haybine, conditioner/mower, and the 60 hp guy for tedding etc. :D

If the terrain is flat enough, I would use 2WD for all the tractors. Possibly think of MFWD on one of them.

Just an idea....