Kubota L2500

/ Kubota L2500 #1  

jb tuggers

Tractor
New Holland 1510
New to the site. Am looking at a L2500 Kubota with loader and backhoe, 900 hrs, looks to be in pretty good shape. Asking $10,500. Any opinions?

/ Kubota L2500 #2  
What year? I have a 1999 L2500 DT with 853 hours that runs like a top. I'm the original owner. 10,500 with a hoe sounds like a fair price if it's a frame mount hoe. I'd be leery of a 3 point hoe, you have to be a little more careful 'cause you can bend things. One thing you should be aware is it does not have a live pto. If you are going to snowblow this is a royal pain in the neck. I would never buy another tractor without a live pto. Even bush hogging is easier with a live one. (That's my only complaint with this tractor)

/ Kubota L2500
Thanks for the info. I have a camp in Montegue, NY on Tug Hill and would be doing a lot of snowblowing. Sounds like this model would not be a good choice. Any idea on what might be the best model for snowblowing and loader work?

/ Kubota L2500 #4  
I'm pretty familiar with your area and this is not the machine for you. The size would be fine but not without a live independent PTO OR a creeper gear. The low reverse is too fast if you have 3-4 foot drifts and by you that's a common occurence. I'd go with a hydrostatic. You can crank up the rpms and back into the drifts as slow as you like, you pace it by how much you dog the engine. You start dogging, let up on the pedal a little until the chute clears and keep going.