Log Splitters

/ Log Splitters #1  

Whiteyf713

Tractor
New Holland TC 35
Looking to buy a new splitter. My local farm store only has short rail Brave splitters. Never used that type needing any feedback possible on that machine.

Trench-On

/ Log Splitters #2  
I don't know the term short rail on a splitter. How much wood are you planning to split a year?
Brian

/ Log Splitters #3  
Looking to buy a new splitter. My local farm store only has short rail Brave splitters. Never used that type needing any feedback possible on that machine.

Trench-On

Are you looking at 3PT hydraulic or stand alone?? For us, a 3PT was the one we wanted, one fuel source, one engine to maintain, and easy to take in the bush, or where ever we are splitting.

/ Log Splitters #4  
I bought a Speeco log splitter about 3 months ago. I've been pretty happy with it. To be honest I think its a cheaper made one, its got a copy cat Honda motor on it. It's a 15 ton I think. So far I have been really happy with it. I can tow it just about anywhere I want.

/ Log Splitters #5  
I bought a Speeco log splitter about 3 months ago. I've been pretty happy with it. To be honest I think its a cheaper made one, its got a copy cat Honda motor on it. It's a 15 ton I think. So far I have been really happy with it. I can tow it just about anywhere I want.

That is a licensed Honda engine, China made no doubt. I am looking at a generator with the same series engine on it. I know a few people with them, and they seem happy with them.

http://www.cpeauto.com/products.php

/ Log Splitters
Iwill be splitting enough to heat ~2500 sq. ft house and 1500sq. ft shed. I am thinking i will need at least 25 ton plus of force. Towable model is my only option due to the distance to our timber.

Trench-On
V3550
SC252
TC35

/ Log Splitters #7  
My dad bought a 24 ton Brave 30 years ago...It has split wood every years...4-5 cords when dad was using it (20 yrs), 2 cords/yr. for my use. leaks a little oil, changes low pressure hoses a year ago...8 hp Briggs that runs great. I would highly recommend the Brave unit.:D

/ Log Splitters #8  

Trench-On
I have a brave splitter and love it. If you go to their web site you can see the difference between the short rail and regular rail. Both are great. I did a lot of research before I purchased and the Brave unit was the best buy for quality and performance, given the $.

Brave Products, Inc. - Products

/ Log Splitters #9  
Iwill be splitting enough to heat ~2500 sq. ft house and 1500sq. ft shed. I am thinking i will need at least 25 ton plus of force. Towable model is my only option due to the distance to our timber.

Trench-On
V3550
SC252
TC35

You might know this already but make sure it has high speed tires and bearings. Some of them are limited to 35 or 40 mph.

/ Log Splitters #10  
I bought my logsplitter from Lowes this summer for $1300. I spent $200 more than TSC or my local hardware, but I have not been happy with my B&S motors so, i wanted a Honda. So far, I am very happy with it. If you go to Lowes.com you can get a new move in coupon for 10% off too!

Attachments

• Photo_100908_002.jpg
    Photo_100908_002.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 346
  • Photo_100908_001.jpg
    Photo_100908_001.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 276