Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    L2800 - HST

Default Re: kubota l3400 or ?

bc realtor, Go and use the tractor at the dealer. Have him hook up a boompole and slowly raise the 3ph... making tiny adjustments. Then think about that (very) nice trimmer that is hanging a couple feet out (or above) the tractor. Just make sure you try it out before you buy. Please read my signature below... We are only trying to help you make a good decision.

Also, for what you are doing, I'm not sure you really need the 5 extra horsepower. The L2800 with loaded tires and FEL will lose traction before power.

For the trimmer, what HP and weight requirments are there? The L2800/L3400 (w/FEL) is only about 3600 lbs.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

Does the L2800 have the same problems with the 3pt? My other thought was one of the Antonio Carrera 4400 tractors as the are very good on sloped ground and have exeptional hydrolic power. My only worry is the resale if the whole hedge trimming thing does not work. Also the AC has no fel that I can find. Also I am a newbie at this tractor ideal and have a great worry about getting a lemon that would sit around and not pull its weight. If it iron is should pay for its self.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

AC's are nice, but pricey. Excellent on hills and great hydraulics. But they are loader challenged and have a spotty dealer network.

Yes the L2800 has the same reputation as the L3400. If it has to be kubota, step up one notch over the L3400 (L3240 or something like that). It'll hold its value and serve you well. Get loaded tires to help keep you well anchored.

No other brands to consider? JD? NH? MF? Kioti? Mahindra? TYM? Branson? Bobcat? All these have excellent products too.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

My worries with the L3240 comes with the size. It's probably to large for getting up on the yards of these ocean view hillside homes without doing some damage to the grass. Also with the larger size I was worried about the stability factor comming into play. Most of the places I am dealing with are quarter acre. Not a lot of room between the house and hedge. The dillema that I face seems to grow the more I research the aplication.
    I went to York in the UK some time ago and these combinations were abundant and easy to hire for the hedging. The hedger is worth more than a tractor so I really don't want to get stuck with the wrong tractor.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Have you thought about a Bobcat or a mini skid steer or toro dingo thingy? They can fit through a gate and have excellent hydraulics.

The 3240 won't tear up the lawn appreciably more than the L3400. Tire choice will be the major contributor here. Just get turfs. And a bigger tractor is not necessarily less stable.

If you want to keep the size down but still have a true tractor, look at the TYM T273 or the Kioti CK20. The Kiotis have the best hydraulic specs size for size. Me, I love the size of the T273 and a mid PTO is standard in case you want to mow with it. I think one set of rear hydro remotes are also standard. And the loader is also standard QA skid steer type too. Great value for the money.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT w/FEL

Quote Originally Posted by bc realtor View Post
    My worries with the L3240 comes with the size. It's probably to large for getting up on the yards of these ocean view hillside homes without doing some damage to the grass. Also with the larger size I was worried about the stability factor comming into play. Most of the places I am dealing with are quarter acre. Not a lot of room between the house and hedge. The dillema that I face seems to grow the more I research the aplication.
    I went to York in the UK some time ago and these combinations were abundant and easy to hire for the hedging. The hedger is worth more than a tractor so I really don't want to get stuck with the wrong tractor.
    I wouldn't worry too much about lawn damage/weight. If thats a concern they make oversized turf tires like you'll see golf courses use. Even if you only load them 50% full it'll be plenty of weight for stability, keep your center of gravity low, and the footprint of those tires are so large you won't hurt any lawns
    Experience is something you get right after you need it!

Kubota L2500 DT w/ 5 foot FEL and Pat's easy change system
    5ft box blade, 5ft bushhog, 6ft york rake w/ guage wheels, 7ft backblade w/skid shoes , post hole digger, 5 foot snowblower, dual axel 16 foot landscape trailer, 330 gal water tank, Ford 250 diesel, 6 wheel drive polaris ranger, bale spears for loader

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

Thanks for the help. I am going to make an appointment with the local dealer and get him to have a B3030, L3400 and a luxury version of the L series set up for a test drive. I hope that this will solve some of the questions and resevations I have about all of these machines.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

As for the mini skid steer? I think that the fun value would be greatly reduced and this is a big toy for the most part.

Tractor
    Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded

For yard work, like the type you are talking about, I don't think much can beat the B3030. Nice size tractor to lug around with you. Light weight. Decent hydraulic and loader capacities.

Not sure the L3400 and Grand L's would be my first choice for lawn work - particularly if you have a concern for fitting them in tight spaces.
    Current: Kubota M7040 cab, hydraulic shuttle, Kubota M20 loader (made by ALO), LandPride RCR1872 rotary cutter, Horst bale spears & forks, Woods HB72 box blade, Kodiak 7' rake, Walco cultivator, chain harrow, Meteor 74" pull style blower

Traded: Kubota L3400, LA473 HST (300 hrs), and various attachments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12