Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

Default kubota l3400 or ?

I am in the final stages of figuing out what tractor to choose. The use I have is a simple one. Mow the hedge. It currently takes me 8 days to trim my hedge with a gas pole trimmer. My thought was to buy an L3400 kubota and a kirogn cl 93 hedge trimmer http://www.kirogn.fr/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&menu= elagage&smenu=tailleusesh-cl93&lang=undefined
    i have 400 feet of hedge and would like to turn this into a side business as well

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

Default Re: kubota l3400 or ?

One of the other trimmers I was looking at is this video Coupéco - Une différence de taille
    the 5000 range would match perfectly with the weight of the kubota L3400. The kubota is the closest dealer here on Vancouver Island

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Pretty cool trimmers there. Your gonna want some weight I'd think to operate a long arm thing like that. Make sure the hydraulics and PTO power are sufficient to operate it as well. I would suggest you drive as many brands and models as is practical in your area before deciding. I've heard a few not so good things about the l3400, like jerky 3PH.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

I could go down to the B3200 or B3030 with the weight . As for test drives the dealer here is plugged with machines and there is only about 5 feet to move the machines. My biggest worry is how slow will the L3400 go as being too fast could be disaster. The trimmer when installed is fixed and lock to the 3pt and should not be a great worry. I also worry that I would tear up the lawns at this weight of a machine.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

If speed is a concern, then go HST: infinitely variable. I wouldn't buy any tractor I could not drive and try out first. Kubotas are good, but there are other brands that are just a good.

Weight issue goes to stability with that arm fully extended coupled with some slope and or an unseen divet/hole in the ground. You don't want to be tipping over. Notice the rigs that cut the roadside ditches. They all have counter weights on the opposite side from the cutter. Different beast, different application, but same basic concern.

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 FEL HST

You might want to do some research on the kubota forum about the jery 3 point operation on the L3400.
    BX1860 Mowing Machine
    L3940 FEL Sold
    B7800 TLB Sold
    IAFF Local 1568

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3240

As a previous L3400 owner I would NOT recommend one.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

I like the dimentions on the 3400hst. width and weight are perfect spec wise. I don't know much about many others as I would have to do some travelling off the island to see them.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

It seems that any comparable tractors with this power are the next step up in size and probably to large for my uses

Tractor
    2008 Kubota L3400HST, LA463fel

I have an L3400, hydro trans., 4WD, FEL, and I'm completely happy with it.
    Retired racing greyhounds make great pets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast