Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    teg
    Elite Member
    Tractor

Default Re: Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires

Other things to check or watch out for... It should have a suspension seat but some get stuck in the down position. Try the PTO cable a few times, mine does not always turn off. There was a fix for that but not all of them were fixed... mine did not. The hydraulic fluid sight glass on the "driver's" side of the middle hump has cracked / leaked on a few. I've read something about the hydraulic return hose (right side by gas pedal), early models have leaked but not sure when that was changed out. Another thing to check out is the front steering tie rods and make sure they are not bent (they are vulnerable).

Ok guys I talked to the dealer today and he called the technician for kubota and he asked if it was ok and would last? He said maybe for a while but would eventually wear out. So the technician said to tear it down and fix it on kubota cost, Ok now, here is my question, if they break this tractor apart, will it be ok , i Know sometimes when u take something apart you cant ever get it put back together right, Ok tractor experts, will this be ok.

Tractor
    Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded

Sounds like you have a heck of a dealer there if he is willing to split the tractor and replace the orc pto cams with the new style cams.

I would ask him to do the upgrade to the new cams (and the upgrade of the valve if necessary) on kubota warranty and get the tractor.

I would also be thankful for finding a good Kubota dealer.

My dealer and Kubota Canada were a pain in the $%^ to deal with when I tried to get the cams upgraded. Many here got it done and it seems to be something that shops do all the time - split the tractor.

Good luck.
    Current: Kubota M7040 cab, hydraulic shuttle, Kubota M20 loader (made by ALO), LandPride RCR1872 rotary cutter, Horst bale spears & forks, Woods HB72 box blade, Kodiak 7' rake, Walco cultivator, chain harrow, Meteor 74" pull style blower

Traded: Kubota L3400, LA473 HST (300 hrs), and various attachments

teg
    Elite Member
    Tractor

Yes, it would be "OK"... It's done many times with no problems... actually, it's better than "OK" since it will "fix" one of the old problems but you still need to try out the 3ph and see if you are fine with it (besides, it might have been taken care of, too) Teg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12