Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires

/ Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires #1  

dglenn1983

The tractor makes noise while the pto is on and you push the clutch in. What is this? He wants 12000 for it. Its a 06 model with 111 hours on the machine, Is this a deal or what. He said he will fix it also. I would really apreciate some advice. I m only 25 years old and I m new to this forum but it seems very helpful.

Thanks Alot

/ Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires #2  
Do internet search for Tractorhouse.com and do a search of tractors in your area by brand and you can get an idea of what the asking price is for lots of tractors. You can search by brand, state,etc. Bear in mind that these prices are listed prices and may not be actual selling price.
As for the noise, does it only do it when the PTO is in gear and you depress the clutch of at any time you depress the clutch. Is anything hooked up to the PTO or is it just running free.

/ Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires
The tractor only does it when the pto is on, It dont do it when the pto is off.
I have a bush hog on it.

Thanks so much

/ Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires #4  
   / Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires #5  
Does it have a front end loader? or are we just talking about just the tractor? What type of tires does it have? If you have a photo of it, that would help too.

/ Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires #6  
Be careful with this tractor purchase check out mjfox posted links.

ok the tractor has a mark on the axle so the new clutches are in, actually its a circle and not a line but the kubota factory did this because the dealer said he didnt do, filled up with more oil and it still did this clicking, the tractor does have a front end loader, the dealer guranteed it through out 2009
Can anybody help me, thanks so much guys p.s dealer is real good friends with my family so I trust him

/ Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires #8  
The L3400 has an ORC built into the PTO cams. Newer models do not. My L3400 does.

I think $12 k is a fantastic deal for a tractor and a loader.

The L3400 has its weaknesses (jerkyness of the 3PT hitch is probably the biggest weakness).

The tractor is generally reliable and will not self destruct regardless of the fact that it has the ORC built into the PTO cams. I disengage the PTO and depress the clutch all in one motion to minimize the wear on the ORC / cam.

While there has been a lot of debate about the original CAM design, actual failures, on this forum have been few and far between.

The 3PT valve was replaced for many of us under warranty and although it is still not as smooth as a Grand L it is definitely adequate for everything that I do with it.

I think for the price, with a loader it is a great deal even if it has the original jerk 3pt valve which you can probably replace yourself or have someone do it for you.

All in all, this is one of Kubota's most popular models and while I hold that if I were to purchase again, I would buy a Grand L3130/3240, which offered a lot of value for the small increase in price, overall this is a nice workhorse of a tractor and is great value at that price.

Thanks CanoeTRPR, You the man!! How much would it cost to put a new valve in ,to not be so jerky. Is this a very hard procedure

/ Kubota L3400HYD FEL 4x4 R-4 industrial tires #10  
Harvest Moon is the only user I know that has had his valve change outside of warranty.

For starters I would suggest you check to see if the tractor has the jerky hitch or not. Get a heavy implement hooked up, get the rpms up to 2k and lift the hitch slowly as you would if you were trying to make adjustments. It will be quite obvious to you whether your hitch and thus valve is acceptable or not.

If it is the mega jerky variety, it will move violently in 1 inch increments.

If the tractor is still under warranty, I would first try to get the dealer to get the valve changed to the one from the L3010 (old grand L). Harvest Moon has another thread going where he has tried several things himself to get the hitch smooth and so far he has found the valve replacement, as Kubota had done for us, as the best option. He's got part numbers in it and so on and should be able to tell you what the valve change cost him. I'd post you a link but I'm on my blackberry right now.

If you can't get Kubota to cover it, maybe make a deal with the seller as he sounds mechanically quite adept, so that you would cover the part and him the labour perhaps? Is he a kubota or other tractor dealer perhaps?

All in all the L3400 is a work horse for the price and the original jerky valve imho is the weakest thing on the machine. While I fully believe thay the Grand L offers a lot more value for very little more money, there is nothing I have thrown at my L3400 that it has not been able to do effortlessly.

I would not depress the clutch once the pto is engaged except to disengage it. I do the clutch depressing and turning pto off in one movement to minimize racheting so as to not wear the over running clutch that rachets.

Only other tip is to keep the Pto engagement cable lubed. Do it every time you grease othe components - every 10 hrs or so.

Good luck.