Tractor Sizing best HP size to fit most Americans

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #11  
good response

I thought RWolf's response was one of the best I've ever seen to this recurrent question.

There should be a sticky with a data form for potential buyers to fill out before they ask impossibly vague questions.

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #12  
From my experience the average farmer needs more than one tractor.

I was born on the farm and farmed myself for a few years back in the 1970's.

We had three tractors and farmed 170 acres which was a dairy.

Today if you grow crops like Wheat, Corn and etc ,100 acres or more, you ought to have 75+ hp. Then you will also need a utility tractor in the under 50 hp range and a 35 or less for light work.

Just my thoughts.

Don

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #13  

Attachments

• Snapper.jpg
    Snapper.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 2,263
   / best HP size to fit most Americans #14  
Sorry intel that question is so vague, MOST AMERICANS? most American what? farmers, depends on the farm.

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #15  
   / best HP size to fit most Americans #16  
Tractor man.. !.. and no rider grass cutters!

You mean one of these grass cutters??:D

Attachments

• grass cutter.jpg
    grass cutter.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 242
   / best HP size to fit most Americans #18  
Now that is a real rider mower!:D

Put in some remote GPS controls in and it may even be classified as a "No Rider Mower":p

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #19  
Tractor man.. !.. and no rider grasscutters!

soundguy

O.K., O.K. You're right... here's a tractor for most Americans.

(all seriousness, it's pretty cool, isn';t it?)

Attachments

• ford_8N_pedal_tractor.jpg
    ford_8N_pedal_tractor.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,504
   / best HP size to fit most Americans #20  
HeY All,

WilliamBos exactly what I have in mind only with a CUT only the front and rear right side mowers - still nice cutting width if it can all work out right.

As to what do most Americans (meaning "gentlemen farmers") need in terms of a tractor and HP - well I think Grandpa's Tractor cause that's what they want and think a tractor should be only put a cab on it for comfort cause people are softer than they were back in the day and as to hp well we are America the land of high hp so more is always better - right? In reality - assuming people are willing to take lots of time to do "it" whatever "it" is - a 35 hp heavy tractor is plenty. But people are always in a hurry.... so probably about 500hp oughta do - 250+hp in a pinch but only if it has a turbo.

Simple reality - under 50 hp - under 35 for most - the lawn tractor isn't far off reality given the truth in seriousness of most people's commitment to real agriculture.

-Ed-