Tractor Sizing best HP size to fit most Americans

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #1  

intel

Silver Member
Tractor
DK 45, 2003
I know this has probably been discussed on here before, But if you had to pick a hp size tractor to fit the most Americans What HP size would it be?
My dad farmed 150 acres beef cattle farm for 25 years with a 32 hp, but when we moved to round bales went to a 70 hp both two wheel drive.
I only ask because of the new Boomer 8n coming out at 50 HP that is what i would pick in hp to hit most Americans.
50 HP four wheel drive

Last edited:
   / best HP size to fit most Americans #2  
Your right it has been discussed frequently. As far as what size for most Americans that's like asking what's the best automobile for Americans. The question is to vague however I believe your question means what is the best size tractor for the average American farm. Well what is the "average" farm? In the 100 acres or less then a suitable size would be about 40 - 50 hp. 100 - 250 acres probably about 50 - 75. Above 250 about 100 and above HP. This is assuming some of the following attributes; type of crop, amount of dirt work, type of soil, amount of work "required" to be finished in 1 day. Like everthing else things "can" be done with less and "can" be done with more.

Kinda vague answers too. It just depends on what you need a tractor for.

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #4  
As soon as someone tells me how short is short Someone will be able to say what is the best sized tractor!:D

Reality check may be needed.:D

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #5  
I know this has probably been discussed on here before, But if you had to pick a hp size tractor to fit the most Americans What HP size would it be?
My dad farmed 150 acres beef cattle farm for 25 years with a 32 hp, but when we moved to round bales went to a 70 hp both two wheel drive.
I only ask because of the new Boomer 8n coming out at 50 HP that is what i would pick in hp to hit most Americans.
50 HP four wheel drive

Way to vauge to be answered with a single answer.

What's the best woman like?

what food do most people eat?

favorite color?

type of shoes?

If you are in the market.. pick one that gives you the warm and fuzzies and will get yor work done...

soundguy

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #6  
It must be winter...:rolleyes:

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #7  
Close your eyes and picture most Americans with a tractor. Picture the gridlock in Manhattan. What HP do you need for a brownstone in the upper 60s west side? :)
Mike

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #8  
50 HP four wheel drive

30 hp, HST, 4WD

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #9  
Depends on what your using the tractor for,25 - 30 hp works fine for me.

/ best HP size to fit most Americans #10  
Once you talk baling, I would step up to a utility tractor. More weight is a huge advantage.

JMHO.