CK30/l3400 pricing

/ CK30/l3400 pricing #41  
There is no inherent reason for electronics to not last 20 - 30 years or longer. If properly handled and protected from ESD damage, assembled to high standards, and used without being subjected to harmful outside influences, they should last for maybe a hundred years. After all, they have no moving parts and nothing to wear out. If they don't fail due to a latent manufacturing defect, then they will generally only fail if damaged by outside causes (e.g. electrical faults in other connected devices).

So, after the first few years, an ehydro or HST+ is no more likely to fail than that mechanical linkage. Of course you can see a linkage failure. Problem with electroncs is that they can be much harder to diagnose, especially since schematics are often weak. That said, simpler is almost always more reliable in total.

I am also for simple, one reason I went with gear. Another reason was a tough experience with hydro reverser in my dozer, that was an expensive experience.

Other than clutch plates, I've not had a manual transmission fail.

I'm also a Kioti fan, I've owned both, Kioti and Kubota, nothing bad to say about my Kubota, was an awesome little tractor, I just feel as though I got a little more for my money with my Kioti, I figure I saved about $4K over a comparable Kubota.

/ CK30/l3400 pricing #42  
I am still relatively new to the tractor world but isn't that what a Shuttle Shift transmission is for, shifting to a higher/lower gear while moving with no clutch and can shift between forward/reverse while stopped with no clutch...? :confused:
Newbie myself, but been researching for a few weeks and test drove several. There's Synchro Shuttle, which does require clutching still, but the gears are synchronized to help avoid grinding. And there's Power Shuttle, which uses hydraulics to switch between forward and reverse, and you can do that without clutching (or completely stopping even apparently.)

/ CK30/l3400 pricing #43  
I am still relatively new to the tractor world but isn't that what a Shuttle Shift transmission is for, shifting to a higher/lower gear while moving with no clutch and can shift between forward/reverse while stopped with no clutch...? :confused:
Kioti DK gear transmissions are fully syncronized with syncronized shuttle. You can flip the shuttle lever and forward/reverse without coming to a complete stop, but you need to use the clutch to shift. Whatever gear I am running in going foward is the gear I will be in when you flip the lever to reverse.
You can shift through the gears on the go, forward or reverse, but you do need to use the clutch.
With a power shift you can forward/reverse without the clutch.
The sycro shuttles work very nice, but a power shift is even nicer.
Many Mfg.'s offer both style gear transmissions.

/ CK30/l3400 pricing #44  
).

So, after the first few years, an ehydro or HST+ is no more likely to fail than that mechanical linkage. Of course you can see a linkage failure. Problem with electroncs is that they can be much harder to diagnose, especially since schematics are often weak. That said, simpler is almost always more reliable in total.

I agree that electronic components are generally reliable. However if a mechanical linkage fails when the part is out of production, you have a reasonable chance to fabricate a replacement. Not so with electronics.

Still, the incrimental cost for manufacturer to purchase extra circuit boards is far less than the cost to purchase extra mechanical parts so smart companies will simply stockpile these electronic components and sell them for a significant profit in later years.

/ CK30/l3400 pricing #45  
There is no inherent reason for electronics to not last 20 - 30 years or longer. If properly handled and protected from ESD damage, assembled to high standards, and used without being subjected to harmful outside influences, they should last for maybe a hundred years.

The biggest problem I see in the more sophisticated electronic systems is that more sensors and switches need more interconnections. The connections tend to be subject to corrosion which lead to those wonderfully intermittant problems after time passes.

I would hope that soon the tractor industry would start using CAN buss to minimize wiring. John Deere may be doing that now on some models. They are pretty progressive that way.

On the equipment we design the last place I will cut cost is in the connectors.

/ CK30/l3400 pricing #46  
I have a CK30 Gear I got used (2 yo). I am amazed at how well it does everything I ask of it. It is smooth, precise and powerful. I would get another in a heartbeat.

/ CK30/l3400 pricing #47  
I don't work for JD or Kubota :D but if I were in their shoes I'd just order an extra couple of thousand circuit boards at about $2 each and let them sit in the warehouse for 10 years so I could sell them for $200 each. Not a bad return on investment. Mercedes and Volvo figured out that strategy a long time ago.

$200,that sounds like a deal to me. I checked on a circuit board for my Onan generator and it was over $700. :eek: