Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC

/ Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC #1  

GIJOE

Gold Member
Tractor
MAHINDRA 3510 w/ ML112 FEL
Does anyone know how the buying or renting, exchange program works at TSC?

Joe

/ Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC #2  
AFAIK you either buy or exchange. When I checked into it the prices were outrageous compared to real welding gas places. Of course if you have no choice then you have no choice.

/ Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC #3  
Skyco is right. The prices are way too high compared to the local welding shops.

SimS

/ Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC #4  
I bought the torch kit at TSC, then bought a set of cheap b series tanks of craigslist, then had them filled at the local medical/welding supply place.

/ Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC #5  
P.S. by the best kit they have at TSC, you won't be happy with the cheap one.

/ Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC #6  
I bought the torch kit at TSC, then bought a set of cheap b series tanks of craigslist, then had them filled at the local medical/welding supply place.

Around here, the welding supply places will not fill your tanks. You must rent tanks owned by them................. because, you know, thats the only way thats safe?:rolleyes:

/ Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC #7  
I would suggest you find a reputable welding gas supplier. Find one with a 100% refundable tank lease fee. And I mean it's 100% refundable at anytime that you return your tank. Stay away from the 5 year leases or yearly rentals. If you own your tank DO NOT sign anything at the gas supply store. Many of these places will sucker you into signing a contract which is the same thing as stealing your tank that you own. Make sure you find out how many pounds is full on your new tanks. Selling half full tanks as full is common practice in the gas business. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH A-OX WELDING SUPPLY!!!!! They will steal your money.

I am in charge of purchasing for a large company and am the maintenance shop supervisor. We do about $6000 worth of business with our gas supplier every month. We are just going through getting taken for 4-6 thousand dollars from A-OX welding supply. This is how I know this.

-Justin

/ Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC #8  
I bought a small set from Home Depot a few years ago. It's a Victor set up, which I was told was a decent brand. I don't do allot of cutting, and it might be months, or maybe a year between the times when I need it. The bottles last long enough for most projects and then some.

I just bring the bottles to the welding supply shop (ETOX) and swap for full tanks. I paid for my bottles, but they said if I wanted them filled, it would be a few days. If I wanted it right away, then they will trade me.

Gas and Oxygen goes for $34.

For me, this has worked out great.

Eddie

/ Oxygen/ Acetylene Cylinders at TSC #9  
Iget my mig gas there .The two bottles [i keep a spare] are pricey to buy them,but after that its just swap them out for the price of the gas.They are filled by the local welding gas supplyer.Funny part is ,most of the employees wouldnt know argon,co2 mix from laughing gas:D:D:DThey open the cage and let me get it out for them.:)
ALAN