Banks are doing fine now here

/ Banks are doing fine now here #1  

Bedlam

Veteran Member
I got quite a surprise today when I went to update a couple accounts,
I checked around for interest rates and all six banks had approx the same interest. (within .05 %)
except mine was almost 1% less than the others, I inquired if they could match the competitors or if I would have to take my money elsewhere.They said it was etched in stone.Well a small difference is one thing but this difference was going to amount to $3,000 over the five year course.
The bank rep said they are in no situation to be bringing in new depositors.HMM
Just don't understand They will be loosing my business as they come due.Ive NEVER in 40 years seen an attitude like this.
LOL Guess a Toaster is out of the question.

/ Banks are doing fine now here #2  
I got quite a surprise today when I went to update a couple accounts,
I checked around for interest rates and all six banks had approx the same interest. (within .05 %)
except mine was almost 1% less than the others, I inquired if they could match the competitors or if I would have to take my money elsewhere.They said it was etched in stone.Well a small difference is one thing but this difference was going to amount to $3,000 over the five year course.
The bank rep said they are in no situation to be bringing in new depositors.HMM
Just don't understand They will be loosing my business as they come due.Ive NEVER in 40 years seen an attitude like this.
LOL Guess a Toaster is out of the question.

Why should banks suck up to the regular folks when the feds give them billion of $ to fritter away as they please with no accountability.

/ Banks are doing fine now here
Good point. I was thinking in the past they needed depositors to be able to put out mortgages.
But now they have the money(ours)(taxpayers). to do this chore with. Maybe I'm being to simplistic? I don't know

/ Banks are doing fine now here #4  
I think off shore banks are Great place to put money now!

mark

/ Banks are doing fine now here #5  
There are lots of smaller banks who didn't get involved in sub-prime lending that are doing just fine.

/ Banks are doing fine now here #7  
No position to take new depositors? That's like telling Ed Mcmahon you're in no position to take the Publishers Clearing house sweepstakes!

/ Banks are doing fine now here #9  
I have not heard of any banks around here not taking anymore customers trying to deposit money. I hear ads on the radio all the time wanting people to come on over to one bank or another. We have had a fair amount of layoffs in our area but it does not seem to be no where near as bad as what you hear on t.v. all the time. I would think that any bank would be more than happy to take your money, but maybe not be to thrilled giving out loans.

/ Banks are doing fine now here #10  
There are too many banks.

And the enforcement of regulations has been lax.

Try a credit union instead?