I've Been Shopping

/ I've Been Shopping #1  

coldstream

Hi folks, new member, first post. I hope to pull the trigger on a SCUT pretty soon, been reading and comparing for some time. This week drove a TYM 223, nice tractor, I like the dual hydro pedals. It was the first tractor that I drove and I was impressed. Dealer is 70 miles away, however, and these are not that well established around here yet. Sat on a Cub/Yanmar sc2400, I like the looks of this tractor but I hate the funky rocker hydro petal. I think it would get in the way of comfortable foot placement, any experience here? Today drove a Kubota BX2360. Sweetest tractor yet, nice big platform, I was impressed with it. But, with the seat as far forward as possible it is still quite a reach to the steering wheel. I'm about 5'8", so I'm not the smallest guy around, maybe my arms are short! Reach to the pedals is just fine. Anyone run into this, am I missing something? I was glad to find you all here and have learned alot reading your experience!! Coldstream

/ I've Been Shopping #2  
My Kubota B2710 has a tilt wheel. Is there any chance the BX2360 does too (check website), and if so, could it have been set all the way up when you drove it?

/ I've Been Shopping #3  
If you have a JD dealer check out some of their models. As my byline says I've got the 5103. It's not a hydro but the shuttle shift is very smooth. Depends on what you want to use your tractor for. Power is great for what I'm using it for. Operator station is very comfortable. The seat moves forward to the point of being uncomfortable for me but is comfortable for my wife whose 5'5".

/ I've Been Shopping #4  
Shopping and comparing is the smart thing to do. Not to mention the fun of doing so. If you test drive a few you will find the one that "fits". You will know it when you find it. Buy premium quality no matter who makes it. You want it to work as well as the day you bought it twenty five years later. They still make stuff like this.

/ I've Been Shopping #5  
From two years of user experience, I'll say that if you think you want a hydrostat, get one. Gear seems user friendly on the test lot but gets less friendly as you use it more, unless fieldwork and field mowing is all you're going to do. All the tractors you list should be fine, but I would add Kioti and Deere to your shopping list.

/ I've Been Shopping #6  
One other thing, the TYM's are not SCUTs. They are full CAT 1's. Also the case for Kioti. Love the size of the TYM.

/ I've Been Shopping
Thanks to everyone for the input. I tried moving that 2360 seat up several times but maybe I didn't get it all the way. If I get serious about this model I'll definitely explore it more thouroughly!
Hey Gittyup, thanks for the heads up on the size of the TYM's. By full Cat 1 size, is that the same size category as say the Kubota 2320?

/ I've Been Shopping #8  
cold I am with you most of the way I too have drove em all have my decision down to the sc2300 or the bx2630
I like the feel of the sc and that it has a steel cab had to many bad experiences with cloth ones
platforms both seem to fit me good do like the 2 pedals that kubota has
but after putting in a half hour or so on the sc that lil funky rocker thing didnt seem too bad maybe a little far back but I got big stompers and looking at it I figure the first thing I would do is build me a new rocker make forward pedal a couple inches farther up for more comfort just my look

/ I've Been Shopping #9  
Coldstream:

Check out Scweissguth Equipment in Missouri as they sell Deere. I live in Colorado and bought a third remote kit from them and they gave me better service than the local dealers did.

/ I've Been Shopping #10  
Some of the SCUTS are CAT 0, or limited CAT 1. Limited meaning that you can't use all CAT1 implements, or can only use some with limited adjustabililty. Don't know about the 2320. Ask in the Kubota forum.

That's what I like about the TYM. Looks and manuevers like a SCUT but with the capabilities of a much bigger tractor. Not that it's a light weight anyway. The Kioti is also quite a work horse.