Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: compact utility or utility tractor

How about getting a "orchard" tractor? They come in the HP you need, and are heavier than even a big compact. A "real" tractor will last a heck of a lot longer too! Even the high HP ones narrow up fairly small. Landini builds some very good ones, and at an afordable price.
    No compact will hold up to HD farm use.
    Robert

Veteran Member

Yep,I'd have to agree with Robert! I know you guys do not like hearing this,but if you are going to farm with it go with an Ag-Tractor not a Compact.

I would buy the largest hydrostat you can get and then buy a used ag tractor for the hay work. the old Allis Chalmers D17s do a good job with a square bailer, I gave $2400 for mine. It weighs about 5300 lbs and about 54 h.p. The power director hi/lo was a nice feature.

Look at kubota's color brochure on the Grand L tractors. They show a 4310 pulling a round hay baler (I think it's a Hesson 540(?) but I don't have the brochure in front of me). Looked like it was baling to me...fake picture and poor advertising? BTW, I own a L3710 and love it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234