Opinions on a Used MF

/ Opinions on a Used MF #1  

merlintractor

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 1260
Hi folks, another newbee here. I'm looking at the MF below; photos of the tractor and attachments look very good. How does this asking price look to you guys? Any experience out there with this model?

2000 Massey Ferguson 1260, 40hp, 4X4 utility tractor with model 1217 back hoe, 1247 loader and Rhino 350 scraper blade. Three cylinder diesel tractor with only 530 hrs on it. 16 speeds forward or reverse power shuttle.

$14,500

Thanks!

/ Opinions on a Used MF #3  
Hi folks, another newbee here. I'm looking at the MF below; photos of the tractor and attachments look very good. How does this asking price look to you guys? Any experience out there with this model?

2000 Massey Ferguson 1260, 40hp, 4X4 utility tractor with model 1217 back hoe, 1247 loader and Rhino 350 scraper blade. Three cylinder diesel tractor with only 530 hrs on it. 16 speeds forward or reverse power shuttle.

$14,500

Thanks!
I had a 1998 massey 1240 4X4 with FEL that was a very good tractor.The only reason I sold was no dealer support in my area.I sold mine last year for $13,500 with 250 hrs.coobie.

/ Opinions on a Used MF
Thanks Coobie. Anyone else got a take on this one? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger.

Thx!

/ Opinions on a Used MF #6  
Thanks Coobie. Anyone else got a take on this one? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger.

Thx!
Have you posted your question in the massey section of this board?They might shed some light on this also.Good luck.coobie

/ Opinions on a Used MF #7  
My father has a 1250 nearly identical to the one you have with loaded turfs, FEL and more hours. He doesnt have a backhoe, nor he any other implements at the time of his purchase and paid half of the one you are looking at from his local dealer. He currently use it to bushhog the feilds, use RFM to mow the lawn, and use my 42" tiller for garden, clear the snow with truck blade on 3pt hitch and fel to move snow banks and move firewood. he has swampy areas, hilly areas, flat areas to maintain so it was the perfect machine for him. If he needs a BH, he just calls me up and ask me to use my BX24:D .

The one you are looking at with more HP, ag tires, BH,BB and FEL, low hours and looks good on the outside is pretty much a good deal. You may be able to knock off 1-2k off the price if you haggle.

/ Opinions on a Used MF #8  
IMHO tractor pics and price look good providing its not a scam or hot. It's buyer beware buying from online sites. If its local to you its worth a look see and maybe a counter offer in person.