Default JD 328 Baler Value

What would be a fair price for a John Deere 328 baler with a kicker from the early '90s from an individual? It works and looks okay. I'm looking at one and just want to make sure I don't pay way too much for it. There are lots of dealer prices on the web and that helps, but usually stuff sells for a lot less through an individual.

Gold Member

Default Re: JD 328 Baler Value

It depends on the condition. They cost about 16K new. I just looked at a two year old 348 ($19K new) that had done about 30K bales for $13K and a four year old that was pretty beat up for $8K. The 328 just starts with a lower initial price because it's a lighter unit. Price is determined by what one party is willing to pay and the other party is willing to accept. All other numbers are just a place to start the conversation.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75

Default Re: JD 328 Baler Value

Quote Originally Posted by Mike120 View Post
    It depends on the condition. They cost about 16K new. I just looked at a two year old 348 ($19K new) that had done about 30K bales for $13K and a four year old that was pretty beat up for $8K. The 328 just starts with a lower initial price because it's a lighter unit. Price is determined by what one party is willing to pay and the other party is willing to accept. All other numbers are just a place to start the conversation.
    I looked at a new 328 the other day - $16,500.

What is lighter about them vs. 338 and 348.

Twine only
    Lower plunger speed (same as 338 - only 348 is faster).
    More pickup teeth on the 338 and 348.

D.