JD 328 Baler Value

/ JD 328 Baler Value #1  

OldErn

What would be a fair price for a John Deere 328 baler with a kicker from the early '90s from an individual? It works and looks okay. I'm looking at one and just want to make sure I don't pay way too much for it. There are lots of dealer prices on the web and that helps, but usually stuff sells for a lot less through an individual.

/ JD 328 Baler Value #2  
It depends on the condition. They cost about 16K new. I just looked at a two year old 348 ($19K new) that had done about 30K bales for $13K and a four year old that was pretty beat up for $8K. The 328 just starts with a lower initial price because it's a lighter unit. Price is determined by what one party is willing to pay and the other party is willing to accept. All other numbers are just a place to start the conversation.

/ JD 328 Baler Value #3  
It depends on the condition. They cost about 16K new. I just looked at a two year old 348 ($19K new) that had done about 30K bales for $13K and a four year old that was pretty beat up for $8K. The 328 just starts with a lower initial price because it's a lighter unit. Price is determined by what one party is willing to pay and the other party is willing to accept. All other numbers are just a place to start the conversation.

I looked at a new 328 the other day - $16,500.

What is lighter about them vs. 338 and 348.

Twine only
Lower plunger speed (same as 338 - only 348 is faster).
More pickup teeth on the 338 and 348.

D.