Tractor width

/ Tractor width #1  

wv joe

Tractor
Kioti DK45 SE HST
Thanks for all the help in suggesting a good hill tractor, in talking to neighbors, they think a traditional 4WD wheeled tractor will do, no need for anything more specialized. They just said to make sure its wide and heavy. Since the dealers are really spread out here, I didn't want to make the circuit again with a tape measure to figure out the center of gravity (but thanks for the formula and examples!). In looking at width, do all manufacturer specs measure width the same? Most say "overall width", and some have a range so you can account for tire mounting, but Montana says "width:tire center" and is considerably narrower than most. Any quick way to convert that so I'm comparing apples to apples? Montana didn't look any narrower than most.
I'm hoping to make a purchase this week, we're worn out driving around to look at the brands! Saw a Montana demo that was a good price but a bit bigger than we planned (5740), and Kioti has a free FEL offer, so the DK40SE @ 16,500 (or a demo DK45SE HST for a little more) look like good buys too.
I'll keep you posted!

/ Tractor width #2  
If you know the size of tires on the tractor, find out it's width and add that to the center line to get the overall width. You will need to add a full width or if your prefer 2 1/2 widths.

Do all measure the same, I suspect this will vary with size of tractor or what the market is for a certain tractor. Width of the center line of wheel base is often important in farming while to me would be of no value in construction where overall width is all they would care about.