New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra?

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #1  

biggblu601

Im pretty much come to a decision on either getting a 50hp Kubota with bush hog and front end loader or a 41 Hp Mahindra Tractor with the same attachments. My question is this which one should i get? the Kubota will be about 4k more and both have about the same specs and what not. About the only difference iv been able to see is the kubota has 9 more hp. They both have similar warrentys, and both are giving 0% interst. Im also gonna be putting down about 2k on it, and that should purchase my hog and a little more so all i will be finianciing will be the tractor and loader. Anyone knows anyone with either would be great. Iv got until the end of the month to come up with what i wanna do. I dont have no more than 13 acres and dont plan on doing nothing more than bushoging and moving gravel and dirt around with the loader since i have a gravel road that i have to take care of. Any Help would be Awesome, thanks yall.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #2  
Which one do you like? That is really the important question. If I was gonna tell you which one I would buy then I would say the Kubota. I don't even care which models you are talking about. I would buy a Kubota over a Mahindra. That doesn't mean that Mahindras are bad. I actually think they are great tractors. But Kubota has a great rep, dealer network, and resale value. The Mahindra is cheaper now but in the long run (ecspecially if you trade, sale) that might not be the case.

Of coarse the Mahindra guys are gonna recommend the Mahindra and say that Kubota was the new kid on the block at one time too. And yeah that is true but that doesn't mean Mahindra will have Kubota's success.

And of coarse there will be some die hard Kioti fans that will insist you look at/buy a Kioti even though your thread has nothing to do with them.

Good luck

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #3  
Although 'tractorjackleg' doesn't have a lot of posts here, it's obvious that they are not new to tractors or new to how TBN works. I haven't anything additional to add.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #4  
Dargo, I have a Kubota L5030. I upgraded from a 3230. I love my tractor but I did look at Mahindra in the beginning.I couln't put my finger on it but there was something about it that I just didn't like. The price difference was not enough to change my decision. When I upgraded, I sold the 3230 outright and it sold very fast for what I wanted. I don't think Mahindra would have.Good luck with your decision.
Make sure you get the top/tilt for the rear, I didn't get it on the 1st one, big mistake!

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #5  
I'd pick the Kubota. It's a much more established company than mahindra. The only mahindra dealer I know of in my area just closed up shop about a month ago. They had about 50 tractors on the lot one day then a week later they were all gone with a for rent sign on the building. With this economic downturn you're going to see a lot of dealers going out of business and the less established brands like mahindra will go first. It wouldn't suprise me to see mahindra pull out of the U.S. before this recession is over. Kubota will still be around.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #6  
Im pretty much come to a decision on either getting a 50hp Kubota with bush hog and front end loader or a 41 Hp Mahindra Tractor with the same attachments. My question is this which one should i get? the Kubota will be about 4k more and both have about the same specs and what not. About the only difference iv been able to see is the kubota has 9 more hp. They both have similar warrentys, and both are giving 0% interst. Im also gonna be putting down about 2k on it, and that should purchase my hog and a little more so all i will be finianciing will be the tractor and loader. Anyone knows anyone with either would be great. Iv got until the end of the month to come up with what i wanna do. I dont have no more than 13 acres and dont plan on doing nothing more than bushoging and moving gravel and dirt around with the loader since i have a gravel road that i have to take care of. Any Help would be Awesome, thanks yall.

I've owned one of each--a new 2005 Kubota B7510HST (21 hp engine, 17 hp pto) with the LA302 loader that I traded in March08 for a 2008 Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, gear tranny) with the ML250 loader. Kubota makes excellent products. I had no problem with that 7510 in the 3 years I owned it. The Mahindra is a big, heavy, solid tractor that I use for haying. No problems with it. Go with the one that feels right to you when you're in the seat.

Just an aside: 6 months after I bought the Kubota the dealer closed his doors after 30+ years in business. Another dealer in the area eventually took on the Kubota line. Dealers come and go all the time. Just because he sells one of the big 3 (JD, Kubota, NH) is no guarentee that he'll be in business down the road.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra?
iv gotten alot more on the Kubota side then the other. I think if i go ahead and buy my bush hog and only have to finance the tractor and loader. Plus the guy at the Kubota dealer was alot more knowledgeable to me and gave me pretty much all the info i needed. Plus i like the kubota attachments a little better then i did the Mahindra ones. I think i gonna go with the Kubota iv heard alot better stuff lol.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #8  
I've owned Kubota and now own Kioti.

I agree there is a big difference in resale, although I think the gap is narrowing a little bit, or maybe with the recession everything is dropping in price (used) with the gap decreasing.

I went with Kioti as I had no plans on reselling.

Really is a personal choice, I think quality is fairly close, but history is on Kubota's side.

Joel

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #10  
Between the two you are looking at... I would go with the Kubota based on the extra horsepower. No real reason other than I like to have a few extra ponies on call in case I need them. Honestly, you're going to have visit each tractor, drive them both, and see which one wants to follow you home. If you could possibly arrange to demo both at your farm dressed as you're going to buy them, that would be pretty cool.

Also take a look at the dealers and see which seems most likely to provided you with the level of support you'll need. That is pretty darned important too.