Gold Member
    Tractor
    International 184(1980),KIOTI DK40(2002))

Default Kioti vs Long

Well after much research (too much) I purchased a Kioti
    DK40.
    The big three were never a serious option since my tractor dollars went much further with Long or Kioti.
    I really liked the Long Landtrac 360,but organizationally Kioti blew long out of the water,also Kioti has Canadian dealers(Long does'nt)so I worked out a sweet deal with Tractorland in Toronto(Bob Nixon) and had a crated tractor delivered to my home town just south of Buffalo NY.
    My dealings with Kioti customer service have been pleasant,they actually care that the customer is satisfied(rare).
    Oh yes,The tractor is incredible,I can't believe the craftmanship put into it,even the metal shipping container was built ten times better than it had be.
    My son and I had great fun bolting the various parts on and it familiarized us with the tractor as well......MIKe

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)

Default Re: Kioti vs Long

Mike, congratulations on your new purchase. When you get a chance how about some pictures of this new family member.
    PJ

Veteran Member

Hey Northcreek,

Glad to hear that you are pleased! Bob is a great guy to do business with too!! He also sells a few Valtras. Did you know he used to sell kubota at one time?

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

MIKE; SMALL , SMALL WORLD[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img] i am about 4 mi. from u right off sturgeon pt. rd. east of rt 20. don't understand the canadian dealer connection. did u check out the longs at eden tractor? why did u need to buy from a canaddian dealer?

Gold Member
    Tractor

Frank,Wow! I guess it is a small world,we're practically neighbors.
    I did check out the Long's at Eden tractor,but for the reasons I stated I went with the Kioti.
    As for the Canadian connection,well since we live so close to Canada I take advantage of the favorable exchange rate and dodging the tax whenever can.
    I prefer to buy local when I can,but no tractor dealer is going to spot me $5,000 dollars when I walk through the door.
    That is easily what I saved by going north,and the machine is second to none,in my humble opinion.
    Stop by anytime Frank I would be glad to show it to you...........Mike

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

mike would be very interested and looking at that kioti u have. have never seen one up close. will be sending u a private message.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Woodbeef,No I did'nt know about the Kubotas,actually I only know Bob over the phone from this purchase.
    Bob is very nice to deal with and I hope to meet him face to face when I'm in Toronto someday.
    Bob was willing and able to do some pretty crafty things to get this deal done and has a good knowlege of what he sells.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 he would get a ten for this transaction...Mike

Veteran Member

Hey northcreek,

Yep,that pretty much sums up Bob!! When you venture out to his place,ask him about his days at the Massey Ferguson Farm in Markham.