Catepillar Challenger

/ Catepillar Challenger #1  

sdfireman

Any feedback on the Catepillar Challenger MT225B? It is something that is available used in my area, low hours, with a loader. Comes in at 22hp from a Matsuyama 3 cyl diesel motor. Will be used for light ranch work, moving horse poop, grading the road, ect. The next up in the series available in the area is a MT295B at 52hp and a 4 cyl diesel same manufacturer. Much more tractor, but I'm looking for used in a reasonably close range. Hope this is posted in the right spot.

Thanks!

/ Catepillar Challenger #2  
The MT225B is the same tractor as the Agco ST22a or the Massey Ferguson 1523. They are made for Agco/Challenger/Massey by Iseki. MT295B is the same as the Agco ST52a and the Massey 1452, also made for them by Iseki.

/ Catepillar Challenger
Yes, I was able to track down the info on Agco, and I would assume that they are extremely reliable, based on reputation. Any opinion on the Challenger brand???? I guess I could look at the Massey also.

Enjoy retirement, get more out of em than you put in!

/ Catepillar Challenger #4  
Any feedback on the Catepillar Challenger MT225B? It is something that is available used in my area, low hours, with a loader. Comes in at 22hp from a Matsuyama 3 cyl diesel motor. Will be used for light ranch work, moving horse poop, grading the road, ect. The next up in the series available in the area is a MT295B at 52hp and a 4 cyl diesel same manufacturer. Much more tractor, but I'm looking for used in a reasonably close range. Hope this is posted in the right spot.

Thanks!

The MT225B is the same tractor as the Agco ST22a or the Massey Ferguson 1523. They are made for Agco/Challenger/Massey by Iseki. MT295B is the same as the Agco ST52a and the Massey 1452, also made for them by Iseki.

We are coming up on one year with our 1523. We love it. It is nimble, turns tight. We got the hydro version, electronic PTO ( gear drive models PTO stops when you push in the clutch, on hydro it keeps running.) Cold starting is awesome. Get the block heater with yours. It is powered by Iseki, not Matsuyama.

We would buy another in a second. We do not have a loader, so I cannot tell you how it performs. Hope others will chime in here.

Keep us posted. :)