I need assistance about a Kubota series 1550 Tractor

/ I need assistance about a Kubota series 1550 Tractor #1  

WANNABE1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2410
I am seeking any info/help about a 2002 Kabota 4x4 that has a 1640A loader and a 650 Woods hoe, it has 270 Hours sale price is $ 9,500.00... but I do not know much about tractors and could really use the advice/imput. Is this a good tractor and price? Should I consider a new tractor such as the Kubota BX25? or other??
Thanks
Chris

Last edited:
   / I need assistance about a Kubota series 1550 Tractor #2  
It appears that the B1550 was only produced until 1997 so might want to double check that year model. Is it a hydrostatic or a gear transmission?

/ I need assistance about a Kubota series 1550 Tractor
Thank You for your reply, I am not sure if it is a Hydro or not, it is interesting that you point out the 1550 Model year being the last year that Kubota manufactured it. Looks like I need to gather more details about this tractor.

/ I need assistance about a Kubota series 1550 Tractor #4  
   / I need assistance about a Kubota series 1550 Tractor #5  
I am seeking any info/help about a 2002 Kabota 4x4 that has a 1640A loader and a 650 Woods hoe, it has 270 Hours sale price is $ 9,500.00... but I do not know much about tractors and could really use the advice/imput. Is this a good tractor and price? Should I consider a new tractor such as the Kubota BX25? or other??
Thanks
Chris
Chris, I had a B1550 hydro tractor for approximately 20 years. I think it had the same loader you described. I did not have the hoe. I did have the 60 inch belly mower with the grass catcher. Without a doubt the 1550 was the best Kubota tractor I've ever owned. Prior to the 1550 I had a gear drive B6200. I believe the B1550 is just a re-skinned B6200. But I got rid of the B6200 for the hydro. I never had any mechanical problems with the tractor and traded it in on a cabbed B3030. Time will tell how good the 3030 is. I repeat I never had any mechanical problems with the B1550 and I think when I traded it in it had 1000 + hours. I'd have to check my records on the hours. Anyway I always changed the oil and filter at 50 hours. During the time I had this tractor I replaced the battery a couple of times, and replaced the front tires just prior to trading it in. I got $6K for the tractor from Messicks and they sold it for over $8K.

Thank You so much for your input, one person posted that the Series 1550 was not produced after 1997, the person selling the tractor I am looking at claims that it is a 2002, where can I find that kind of information out?
It seems like such a good deal and we all know the old saying that comes with that!

/ I need assistance about a Kubota series 1550 Tractor #7  
I have checked out the links that you have sent ( thanks you ) and cannot find any other year then 1988 on the 1550 series. I thought that maybe this tractor may possibly have been from the " gray market " but that came up empty as well. Any other thoughts?

Thanks
Chris

/ I need assistance about a Kubota series 1550 Tractor #9  
I have checked out the links that you have sent ( thanks you ) and cannot find any other year then 1988 on the 1550 series. I thought that maybe this tractor may possibly have been from the " gray market " but that came up empty as well. Any other thoughts?

Thanks
Chris

I wouldn't think it would be a gray market machine. Kubota only shows the year that the tractor went into production... there are some other sites like Tractordata.com and Tiscoparts.com that show what years models were made and give you a little info about the tractor as well.

/ I need assistance about a Kubota series 1550 Tractor #10  
Chris, just wondering if you might have some photos of the tractor?