Help - Advice Needed

/ Help - Advice Needed #1  

Chris267

Hi Guys,
Need some help as I am new to this tractor game. I have a 42 acre property located in hilly, bushland country in Australia. I have never bought a tractor before and now am in a position to purchase one brand new.
Here in Australia all tractor manufacturers are doing deals on their brands. After inspecting most of the known brands, I have narrowed it down to two.
One being the Iseki TG5330 which is sold elsewhere in the world as a Massey Ferguson 1533 and the second is the Kioti Daedong CK35.
The Iseki is a 12 x 12 power shuttle and the Daedong is the HST. Both of these tractors come with loaders with 4 in 1 Buckets and here in Australia are currently priced the same at $28,500 AU.
My problem is would you go with the tried and proven power shuttle, thorobred, Iseki (Massey Ferguson) or the new, up and coming HST Daedong (Kioti) which is quite impressive.
I would appreciate some experienced feedback and not just the hype from the salesmen.:confused:
Regards Chris

/ Help - Advice Needed #2  
Both are good quality tractors, and as far as being tried and true, I think the Kioti CK35 has as much time under it's belt as the Iseki TG5330 or Massey 1533 model. I would try both tractors and see which one you are more comfortable operating. Good luck with your decision.

/ Help - Advice Needed #3  
I am new to tractors as well and I am trying to decide for myself what is best for my choice of tractor as well.
First off, From reading other posts, it will depend on what type of work you plan on doing with your tractor and I guess a pretty important thing to decide is which tractor will you feel more comfortable with? You may find one tractor more comfortable than the other ( seat may slant to forward or controls may not be as easy as another, ETC ) so test drives may help you decide which one you may like best.
Also consider warrantee's, and having a dealer close by is important, in case you need servicing and things of that nature.
I also read alot of posts and threads & this has helped me to think about different things that others "post" or ask, so just for fun check other posts.
I think the posters here are really informative and give good feed back and thoughts.

Best of to you Chris and be post to send Pictures when you do get your new toy.

Hope this helps a bit
Christian

/ Help - Advice Needed
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies but my dilema is that I have test driven both the Iseki (Massey Ferguson) and the Kioti CK25 and find them both to be excellent units.
As this may be the only new tractor I ever get to buy, I suppose I want to make the 'ultimate' decision.
Every factor is comparable in regards to service locations, warranty etc.
In short, I suppose I am asking hydro-static or power shuttle for all round use, both flat and undulating terrain?
Regards Chris

/ Help - Advice Needed #5  
I think the HST is the best for hills and for front End Loader FEL work. If youare going to do mostly plowing or wrk where you put it in gear and drive then the SS trans would probably be best. The HST HP at the PTO will be a little lower but it gives infinite speed choice. Most people who try HST never go back.

/ Help - Advice Needed #6  
Are you going to be doing field tillage (pulling a plow,disc,cultivator) or loader work. If mostly field work you may prefer the power shuttle. If you are doing loader work or possibly running a rotatiller the hydro may be for you. When operating any pto driven equipment, the hydro allows you to vary your speed without changing your RPMs thus allowing your equipment to stay at full operating RPMs. Just a little insight into the transmission advantages.

/ Help - Advice Needed
Thanks again your responses, the PTO information re: hydrostatic and shuttle was something I had not considered.
In addition as the Daedong (Kioti) is not as well known in Australia as it is elsewhere, could someone please tell me how they fare in the long term in regards to wear and tear and in particular oil / hydraulic leaks?
Chris

/ Help - Advice Needed #8  
Are you talking about the Kioti CK25 or CK35. Your posts mention both. With 42 acres the larger engine on the CK35 would give you the power for somewhat larger implements which would be desirable.

The CK series has been very reliable as is the Kioti HST transmission. As you can certainly tell from the Kioti forum here there are almost universally positive statements about the larger CKs like the 25, 30 and 35 which are virtually identical except for engine displacement. I don't recall any issues at all with oil/hydraulic leaks being discussed on the Kioti forum so those cannot be very common issues.

The Massey 1533 also has a fine reputation here on TBN.

/ Help - Advice Needed #9  
A little different approach.

Take a step back & look at what your tasks will be and the tools that accomplish them. The tractor by itself is simply the prime mover.

The tractor may feel stable by itself on slopes; now add 1500 lbs of log, dirt, rock, etc. A larger machine may be worth the extra safety margin.

My plan was the same as yours - buy one tractor for my 40ac.

Ended up with a larger utility class 55hp with cab & use it year round from subzero snowblowing to 100F @ 100% humidity mowing.

/ Help - Advice Needed #10  
I don't think there is a problem with either tractor. I have not heard any negative talk about either one. Owners of both seem to swear by their tractor, So I would think that which ever you liked the best when you test drove would be the one to buy. Weight of the tractor and lifting power of the 3 point and FEL would be considerations. I think the heavier the tractor gives one better traction. The more lifting power speaks for itself. Best of luck on your choice. I really don't think that you will be disappointed which ever you decide to choose.

Let us know what you decide and be sure to post pictures of the new toy...er work implement.:D