A Mulching Machine that is up to the task of mulching?

/ A Mulching Machine that is up to the task of mulching? #1  

cat 297c

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140
i have a cat 297c with cimaf head, having to stop twice a hour to blowout radiator to stop it from overhating. The forestry package is a joke, a/c filters clog up ever 20 minutes it seems like. i could keep going on an on bout how big of a peice it is but i wont, anyone got any sugguestions on a better macine? Anyone out there have a Rayco c100? If so do you like or wish you had gotten something else?

/ A Mulching Machine that is up to the task of mulching? #2  
Alot of the newer machines have reversing fans to keep the rad. clean. You must be mulching at 100% of what your machine is rated for. If you are, have you looked at a bigger machine such as Timber ax which is 200+ hp. Yeah, those little machine do a fairly decent job in the light stuff and smaller jobs but are not intended for all day-everyday duty. :D

/ A Mulching Machine that is up to the task of mulching?
Alot of the newer machines have reversing fans to keep the rad. clean. You must be mulching at 100% of what your machine is rated for. If you are, have you looked at a bigger machine such as Timber ax which is 200+ hp. Yeah, those little machine do a fairly decent job in the light stuff and smaller jobs but are not intended for all day-everyday duty. :D

I,ve looked into havin a reversing fan put in my machine, Cat wants $5,500.00 to put one in my machine. An honestly i don't feel like putin any more money into this machine. I haven't heard of a Timber Ax Machine ,i've seen an worked loftness timber axe head before, but not a machine i'll look into it. But i need somthing compact i do a lot of work in small lots

/ A Mulching Machine that is up to the task of mulching? #5  
take the cimaf head and put it on a SUPERTRAK machine-they are in S.fla...The CAT dealers in S.Fla SELL them...might trade your 297 in on one....

take the cimaf head and put it on a SUPERTRAK machine-they are in S.fla...The CAT dealers in S.Fla SELL them...might trade your 297 in on one....

My cat salesman brought one out to demo bout a mouth ago, a SK140CTL-C.
I was impressed til he told how much it cost $170,000.00 just for the machine. For that i could get a Fecon 148l an the head an it's got 61gpm at 6000 psi, but its a little to big. That why i was asking if anyone had a RAYCO C-100 with some hours on it, see how its been holdin up. Can get in one without head for $100,000.00 an it will cut just as good if not better than the SuperTrac $170,000.00 thats a joke.

/ A Mulching Machine that is up to the task of mulching? #7  
You can get a new gt13 gyrotrac with rubber tracs for around 150,000 with the head

You can get a new gt13 gyrotrac with rubber tracs for around 150,000 with the head

Well heard some folks having problems with gyrotrc carriers, you got one?

/ A Mulching Machine that is up to the task of mulching? #9  
no i run the new asvs

/ A Mulching Machine that is up to the task of mulching? #10  
I finally found a too that would last on my cutters we got almost two hundred hours out of them