Kioti DK45 - Discing?

/ Kioti DK45 - Discing? #1  

Starthistlefarms

I've been shopping for 40-50 hp 4wd utility for a couple of years and think I've settled on the Kioti DK45 w/KL 249 loader. Local price is $22,000. Good compared to JD & K, but a little high compared to some internet prices I've seen.

Has anyone tried to disc with these machines? I would like to disc 40 acres and would like to get the largest v-disc that it can pull. I would guess 12' nominal?
Any help would sure be appreciated.
I'm in Central California.
Thanks

/ Kioti DK45 - Discing? #2  
I am not sure what you mean by a V disc but if you talking a traditional transport disc you might find a 8'-10' better suited for that tractor. I just bought a 12' international to use behind a TN 65 and tried it out before I bought it and it does make that tractor work its butt of to pull it in wet or soft area's. On dry flat ground I can pull it with no problem around 6-7mph but the TN 65 is a tad stronger then the DK. You will want the largest tires you can get though as it will help you more then hinder you. What type of soil do you have in your area?

/ Kioti DK45 - Discing?
Thanks, I have very sandy loam - orchard ground which I will eventually get into olives or grapes. As far as V-disc - it may be a transport disc: a disc which has ~16" disc blades which pivots on one end and resembles a V when opened.

/ Kioti DK45 - Discing? #4  
That doesn't sound like anything I have seen before. Do you have any pictures as it sounds quite interesting. A transport disc is a standard <> shape with a rigid frame and wheels for transporting it. It is the common disc you see on most midwest and eastern farms. I do not know anything about V-disc though but it sounds like a simple design with out much resistance which should allow your Kioti to pull it. I would love to see one though as it is something I have never seen or heard of before.