CUT Model suggestions?

/ CUT Model suggestions? #1  

curdy

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2040, JD LX188
Hey everyone, new to the site (but been lurking for some time now). I know this type of thread is posted all the time, and I've read a bunch of them. But sometimes its just hard to get all the advice you need from reading about other people's needs.

I live in SE PA and bought a 2 acre property about 4 years ago. I wish I had purchased a CUT back then to help with the major overhaul we've done to the land, but that's in the past.

I'm at the point now where I'm ready to look at a real tractor given all the projects we're still working on and plan to do. We mill our own lumber, produce our own biodiesel, and various other things that make us wish we had a FEL. Here are some of my needs...

*4x4 would ideal

*60" MMM

*HST

*Power steering would be ideal

*FEL is a must...capacity, 500-600 should be good. I'd like to be able to put forks on there and still lift 500 lbs off the back of a pick up truck...so I need some advice if that limits me to what size tractor I need.

*Rear PTO*

*Diesel

This is going to be strictly for home owner use, but it will get used often. Something used and in decent condition is the target. Higher hours is OK if well maintained and something I can get my hands into and fix if the right info is available for me to reference. *Available parts is important to me...I'm not looking to spend a bunch of time searching for parts. I'm going to figure that I'll be looking at a tractor around 10-15 yrs old.

I can have some patience, so finding something in the $6-$7k range would be great. It would be a cash deal, so no worries on financing.

I hadn't quite decided to do this yet and recently missed a great deal on a MF 1220 with 600 hrs, FEL, and 60" MMM for $6000. Kicking myself for not jumping on that.

Here are some models I was thinking of. Several are ones I've seen for sale recently that I think fit into the criteria I have. I'm sure there are more, so feel free to add to the list

I live pretty close to all major dealers. I have both Kubota and Deere dealers with in 15 minutes. MF is probably 30, and NH 45.

Kubota
B1750 (HST)
B7100HSD: 4WD hydro
B7200 (HST)
B7500 (HST)
B7510HSD (HST)
B7610
B2100 (HST)
B2150 (HST)
B2400
B2410
BX Series

MF
1220 (ugh, that's going to bug me until I find another deal)
GC2300

JD

Ford
1120 (HST)
1215 (HST)
1220 (HST)
1320 (HST?)
1520 (HST?)
1530 (HST)
1620 (HST?)
1715 (HST?)
1720 (HST?) (shuttle?)

New Holland
TC18 (HST)
TC21 (HST)

Iseki
TM215
TF317
TM217
TF321
TM223
TF325

Cub Cadet

/ CUT Model suggestions?
Forgot to point out that this tractors main use will be mowing...so I'd like some speed and be able to turn tightly around tree beds. I still need the loader frequently and have it handle the weight I mentioned.

So I need a nice balance there. Hopefully that helps with understanding my needs.

Thanks!

/ CUT Model suggestions? #3  
What about a Brand New Massey GC2400 w/loader and 60" mmm
All for $14,850.00 financed at 0% for 72 months.

/ CUT Model suggestions?
What about a Brand New Massey GC2400 w/loader and 60" mmm
All for $14,850.00 financed at 0% for 72 months.

Sure, that would be great excepts it unfortunately twice what I'm looking to spend :(

Who knows, it may come to that. Although I'd have a hard time justifying that when I see deals like that 1220 out there. I think the one HUGE thing going for a new one would be the warranty. How long is it?

/ CUT Model suggestions? #5  
2 year bumper to bumper on the tractor itself and 1 year on the attachments

/ CUT Model suggestions? #6  
[QUOTEI'd like to be able to put forks on there and still lift 500 lbs off the back of a pick up truck...so I need some advice if that limits me to what size tractor I need.][/QUOTE]

This requirement may take most of the tractors mentioned off the list. Not only do you need height you also need reach.:D

/ CUT Model suggestions?
[QUOTEI'd like to be able to put forks on there and still lift 500 lbs off the back of a pick up truck...so I need some advice if that limits me to what size tractor I need.]

This requirement may take most of the tractors mentioned off the list. Not only do you need height you also need reach.:D[/QUOTE]

Really? I'm talking about maybe 4' from ground level and close enough to the back of the truck that I should be able to drive the tractor right up and put the forks under a skid. I could remove the tailgate if I really needed to.

I figured it would be more of an issue of weight capacity since the load would be beyond the loader. I'm not sure what the math is to figure it out, but no doubt the load rating goes down quite a bit

This is probably the least important job, and not at all a must.

/ CUT Model suggestions? #8  
Sure, that would be great excepts it unfortunately twice what I'm looking to spend :(

Who knows, it may come to that. Although I'd have a hard time justifying that when I see deals like that 1220 out there. I think the one HUGE thing going for a new one would be the warranty. How long is it?

I am not sure how it is in your area, but we could not find a 1010 for less than $9K. And that is the lowest priced of the bunch. Any of the Iseki Built MF CUT's were far and few between, so new was the way for us.

That is why we bought a new 1523, 1505 MMM, turfs, Farm King 50" Snow blower, and a Wallenstein WX310 wood splitter. No Loader. Still wondering if we should have gotten the loader, but we really do not have much use for one right now. If that changes, we can always add one later on. Do not regret it. 2 years, 3000 hours @ 0% for 36 months!! :)

/ CUT Model suggestions? #9  
I have a BX2350 and it will reach into the back of my pick up with the bucket. The capacity of the bucket is around 500lbs. The problem is that when you put the forks on it moves the lift point out in front of the bucket and reduces the capacity. If you get a tractor with that kind of lift capacity, it going to be bigger than many of the tractors you listed. I think I would forget about that requirement. I guessing it would take a larger B series to get that capacity, which also means more money.

A BX series makes a pretty good mower, and so would a B series. The bigger the tractor the bigger the turning radius though. I have seen used BX series for sale with a FEL for around $5000-$9000 with not to bad of hours.

/ CUT Model suggestions? #10  
Look for a set of 3 point hitch forks with hydraulic lift. 3PH gives you much more lift capacity, but you'll need a separate hydraulic lift on it to reach the bed of pick. That will then mean that you'll need 2 sets of hydraulic remotes and a hydraulic toplink. Not the cheapest solution, but the best way to get a lot of lift out of a small tractor. Otherwise you are looking at a bigger tractor, which isn't the best for mowing. If you could find a used CK20 or TYM T233/T273 that would be the best setup for you - small but powerful. Of course JD 755 or 855 is also a very good setup too. I think you'd be looking at something like a 7510 or bigger in botas.