Buying First Tractor, Need Help

/ Buying First Tractor, Need Help #1  

moosedaddy

Hi,
I am looking to buy my first tractor. I have approx 25 hilly acres to bush hog/mow. I have a bead on a 2006 JD 5403 with 365 hrs and a 2006 Case DX55 with 395 hrs. Both are 4wd, have loaders, and are priced at $21,500. Can you guys give me a recommendation? Thank you very much!!!

/ Buying First Tractor, Need Help #2  
Hi,
I am looking to buy my first tractor. I have approx 25 hilly acres to bush hog/mow. I have a bead on a 2006 JD 5403 with 365 hrs and a 2006 Case DX55 with 395 hrs. Both are 4wd, have loaders, and are priced at $21,500. Can you guys give me a recommendation? Thank you very much!!!

this is pretty simple to answer. you can get a 75hp tractor(JD 5403) with a few less hours for the same price you can get a large CUT(55hp). sounds like the deal of a lifetime on that 5403! especially with it being 4wd and coming with a loader. i've seen a few jaw dropping deals like this here lately. makes me wish i had money to burn right now because i would be accumilating alota stuff!

oh, and as far as my answer goes. either tractor will do what you want just fine, you just have to ask yourself if you want 55hp or 75hp. do you want a green or a red tractor? is a Deere or Case dealer near you?

/ Buying First Tractor, Need Help
Thank you for your insight. The Deere is actually at a Case dealership but the John Deere dealership is actually a lot closer to me...go figure. The salesman told me that the Deere 5403 is 64 hp? Is it really 75?

Looks like the 2006 JD 5403 is 64 hp while the 2009 model is 75 hp. The 2006 is billed as an "economy model"?

/ Buying First Tractor, Need Help #6  
Looks like the 2006 JD 5403 is 64 hp while the 2009 model is 75 hp. The 2006 is billed as an "economy model"?

The specs I have show the 5403 was 75 engine horsepower, 64 PTO horespower. All the 5x03 models were billed as "economy" models. I believe JD is now emphasizing engine horsepower to better match some of their competition.

Also, I believe the JD is a 3 cyl vs 4cyl for the Case. Is there an opinion on that? Thanks again!!!

GreenWannab, you and RollingFarm are correct, dealer said that the 64 hp is the pto hp which would make the tractor approx 75 hp. Obviously that, and the fact that the dealer is closer makes the JD the better choice

Thanks

GreenWannab, you and RollingFarm are correct, dealer said that the 64 hp is the pto hp which would make the tractor approx 75 hp. Obviously that, and the fact that the dealer is closer makes the JD the better choice

Thanks

Thanks