Jubilee or 8n

/ Jubilee or 8n #1  

bell103

I am looking for an older ford and have narrowed it down to a few. I was wondering though which one would be a better choice for me. I myself am no mechanic and the 8n does smoke a little but it also comes with a loader and is $1500. It is further away by around 2 hours. The jubilee is a 1953 and runs good but is listed at $3000. I think I may be able to talk down to $2500 and it is only 6 minutes from my house. Which one do you think would be a better choice?

/ Jubilee or 8n
No it is just the tractor.

/ Jubilee or 8n #4  
Speaking in general terms, the Jube is quite a bit more tractor. The 8N was a step up from the 9N/2N. Jube's were a BIGGER step up from the 8N.

Now, which 50+ year old used tractor is better? You're there and can see each. Which one is in better shape? Which one will serve your needs better? (Do you need the loader? Is it a GOOD loader?)

All things equal, I'd take the Jubilee.

/ Jubilee or 8n #5  
Jubilee, lesser of two evils. 8n's have almost a cult following but I wouldn't desire one in my barn. PTO is stronger, higher lift capacity, stronger tractor with the Juby.

/ Jubilee or 8n #6  
If you check the 8n loader it probably has single action cylinders. They lift only and the weight of the bucket lowers the unit. The bucket probably has a trip mechanism and it is either engaged or disengaged with no in between power. I have one and it is not as useful as you think it may be. Sooooo, in my opinion I wouldn't allow the loader to be the deciding factor.

/ Jubilee or 8n #8  
I am looking for an older ford and have narrowed it down to a few. I was wondering though which one would be a better choice for me. I myself am no mechanic and the 8n does smoke a little but it also comes with a loader and is $1500. It is further away by around 2 hours. The jubilee is a 1953 and runs good but is listed at $3000. I think I may be able to talk down to $2500 and it is only 6 minutes from my house. Which one do you think would be a better choice?

If the n smokes... and it is blue not black.. then you know you are N for engine work.

the NAA has more hp, and a better OHV engine.

The N with a loader likely has a good amount of wear onthe kingpin.

The NAA has live hyds.. the N doesn't.

IMHO

I'd get the naa.

soundguy

/ Jubilee or 8n #9  
, higher lift capacity, .

Same pump characteristics, piston displacement... naa lift and 8n lift are functionally similar in capacity.

not untill you hit the 00 series did you get better pump flow and psi, and larger piston.. etc.

soundguy

/ Jubilee or 8n #10  
I'd go with the NAA as well.

Have an 8n and have driven an NAA since I was a kid. The Jubilee is more tractor...more power....better PTO.....a little more robust overall.

The only real advantage that I've noticed the 8n having over the NAA is in fuel use.........I can work noticably longer on the 8n doing the same shredding or discing than I can the NAA. But, that only stands to reason since the NAA has a bigger engine with more HP.

As for the loader on the 8n, as mentioned above, it's not going to be anything like today's modern loaders in terms of strength or versatility. It's slow, won't lift much, and pretty limited overall. The 8n was not designed to carry a loader and I wouldn't consider it a very good one for that job either.