What would you buy? Compact Tractors

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #1  

TractorChuck

We live on a total of 15 acres near Dallas, TX. 7 of those acres need to be mowed on a regular (2 times a month) basis. We also have a full size arena that has been neglected for a long time, and want to get a drag that will bust up hard East Texas sand/clay. There is a long white rock drive that needs to be maintained as well.

Budget 15-20K..would love a 0% financing offer. We are looking for some recommendations on a tractor, attachments..including arena drag, and possible dealer recommendations in the DFW area. I'm finding it hard to easily compare models and prices. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Chuck

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #2  
In that price range for new, I'd start with:
Kioti CK30
Mahindra 3215/16
TYM 273
make sure whatever you look at has a universal skid steer type quick attach bucket - makes it MUCH easier to switch between bucket, pallet forks, bale spear, etc...

JD, MF, Case/NH, and Kubota all make good units in that size range as well, but not in the price range you're looking at.

good luck!

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #3  
Welcome to TBN Chuck' :)

There are so many tractors that can do the work you outlined that you'll need to do some test driving. That's a good thing if you have the time to visit the local dealers. Personally I like just about all the manufacturers so it would come down to convienence and dealer.

Mowing 7 acres will take less time with a larger mower deck, so that puts you at about 30 horse power. If you don't need a FEL, (I'd get one anyway) 20k can get you a good sized tractor. The heavier the machine the larger the boxblade (or alternate ground prep attachment) you can pull for driveway maintenance.

Take your time and try a few out, have fun and let us know what you're doing, it's good for the next guy to have someone like yourself explaining your decision process.

Reading past threads will give you an idea what others members chose and why.

Good luck and happy tractor hunting.;)

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #4  
well of course I'm going to steer you right!
Get you a kioti,ck 27-30-35,[you'll have enough money left over to buy you a finish mower or hog,plus a back blade plus a drag]

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #5  
We live on a total of 15 acres near Dallas, TX. 7 of those acres need to be mowed on a regular (2 times a month) basis. We also have a full size arena that has been neglected for a long time, and want to get a drag that will bust up hard East Texas sand/clay. There is a long white rock drive that needs to be maintained as well.

Budget 15-20K..would love a 0% financing offer. We are looking for some recommendations on a tractor, attachments..including arena drag, and possible dealer recommendations in the DFW area. I'm finding it hard to easily compare models and prices. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Chuck

From reading here for a while now a couple things that are standard:

1. Dealer is the most important. Ask around and see who has treated people well. They are worth paying a little extra.

2. All the name tractors are good tractors. JD, Kubota, MF, Mahindra, Kioti, New Holland, and more. Go sit on as many as you can and see what feels right.

3. I know Massey Ferguson has 0% for 72 months.

4. If the 7 acres is flat and not too bumpy you could save the money on a mid mount/finish mower and get a zero turn that will save you some time.

Good luck.

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #6  
didn't i see an ad for kioti ck 35 for 14,900 w loader. 0% for maybe 72.

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #7  
i'd like to think that all the major brands would have representation in the dallas, fort worth area.

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #8  
I wouldn't put JD out of the picture. A 5045D starts out at $14,941.00. This is a very capable machine. Every thing in my byline came in under $21K.

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #9  
I'd check on how much time I'd save by going bigger on the tractor versus smaller.
Seems 7 acre's would take awhile. (I've only ran a brush hog once) And although I'm not a cab person, lot's of hogging may warrant a cab. ..

/ What would you buy? Compact Tractors #10  
Getting a tractor is the easy part. Finding a good dealer is harder. What dealers are near where / closest to where you live?