Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again?

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #11  
The John Deere configurator shows two options for the 2305 - a base tractor model, and a TLB model which includes factory mounting of the loader and backhoe. Good luck in your shopping.

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again?
Thanks Guys, I am still on the fence.

Is one more reliable than the other?

Greenwannabe, do you think there is a difference for factory vs. dealer installed other than delivery time?

I spoke with the JD owner and he basically stated the same thing the salesman said which is they set a price and that's it, you pay for service. I am wondering if I can deal with them should I ever need service after I buy from an out of state dealer?

Additionally, I just discovered the MF2410TLB, souds like a great unit with the 0%72 month but I do not have a dealer near me within hundreds of miles (500 i think).:(

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #15  
Greenwannabe, do you think there is a difference for factory vs. dealer installed other than delivery time?

I'm not a dealer so can't say for sure, but I'd lay money that even if you order the 2305 as a TLB, Deere will ship everything separately and the dealer will configure and mount everything - FEL and BH.

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #16  
I picked the kubota is because of the service I received.If I were in your shoes got the message from him if i used another dealer, I would have to go last in servicing when going back to him, even though I didnt buy from him. That is not the right thing for a dealer to say. I would skip this dealer in a heartbeat. In my book, if the dealer doesnt push you, doesnt brush you off, then he has me for life. If at anytime a dealer gives me an issue, I am gone somewhere else. Remember- its MY money therfore I AM the BOSS. If they want my money, then treat me nicely and I'll spend my money in YOUR store. simple as that.

You should do the same. I don't think you really can regotiate the prices of the equipment much.You might get a better deal If you ask them to throw in a implement you need at thier cost or something, but its not a deal breaker. All I am saying - choose your machine you need and want and buy from the dealer that you feel is best fit for you.

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #17  
I'm not a dealer so can't say for sure, but I'd lay money that even if you order the 2305 as a TLB, Deere will ship everything separately and the dealer will configure and mount everything - FEL and BH.

I would say that it depends on the dealer and his techs - some are better than others. I'm sure that JD is using the factory assembly to compete with Kubota and Massey Ferguson TLBs in this size class. The JD configurator specifically includes a charge for factory assembly as a TLB including mounting of the backhoe and the loader. I would recommend that you talk to your JD dealer about it.

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #18  
I found this comparison....it is a Kubota generated comparison to give sales people something to talk about....but it is still good information....if a little old in that it is about the last generation models of Kubota.

Click on the PDF attachment.

Attachments

• bx24.pdf
    962.7 KB · Views: 2,337
Radioman,

I was able to negotiate the Kubota from $17900 to $16,600 with an out of state dealer. This state of Colorado dealer is about a 4 hour drive as compared to the sole local dealer which is 30 minutes from my house.

My previous post did not go through a couple of hours ago. This is what I stated:

The Kubota is $16,654. The JD is $18,500. I also want to get to implements, rake and box blade. Kubota is at $785 and JD is at $1500. I am willing to pay more for green but they have to come down in price.

I've got the Kubota at $17,315(total includes delivery, no tax, its out of state) with Perry Uni-10 metal canopy and rear work lights (the delivery is 201 miles 4 hour ride) (the JD Dealer). JD is still at $18,500 without a cx on the 200x loader as originally quoted and no canopy or lights. I am willing to pay more for the green but they have to come down in price (I would pay for local service).

Update: I went to beat'em up. I told them I was ready to purchase, gave them the comparison Kubota $16,900 with canopy and lights and JD at $18,00 no CX on the loader and no canop and lights. I told the salesman (Owner) I was willing to pay more for the green but they have to come down in price. Also, I wanted the 2 implements added to the price.

He simply added at list price the additional cost on the difference between the 200x and 200cx ($500) plus the canopy and was at $19,650. plus tax ($20,315).

I asked him if there was a break in the price. He said no he couldn't do anything further. The margins are not there. I told him that "I tried, thank you very much and left".

It is exactly $3000 difference to the penny.

I got on the horn with the Colorado Kubota Dealer, he is dropping his prices ever so slightly because I asked. We did not finish the deal because I had an appointment to get to. We will be finishing up the deal in the morning and he will be delivering orange on Friday! I get my brand new BX25TLB on Friday!

Myles, that's a good comparison chart. I felt even better after reading that. I only wish I had a local dealer to pal with. I am going to use the net as much as possible.

I can't wait until Friday (I took the day off work)! Thanks all for you input.

Well its a done deal. BX25TLB for $17,315 and for $255 more ($549 retail), added a land pride 48" BB0548 Box Blade bringing the total to $17,570. Not bad eh?

I also ordered a garden rake Land Pride LR0548 for $465 cash sale ($549 retail).

Additionally the following items I asked and got for free: Can of paint, a welded on bucket hook and a collectors scaled cast model of the BX tractor.

I asked that he deliver it on Thursday instead of Friday which he went out of his way to arrange on short notice.

Maybe I don't need a local dealer?