Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again?

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #1  

RomeK2

Bronze Member
Tractor
Just sold Hinomoto E16
Hello, I am new to this forum but have read a lot of reviews. I would like to hear your comments on my specific situation. I am new to tractors, 2 years (about 100 Hours). I have owned an old 1979 Hinomoto E16 tractor I purchased from the grey market but recently sold it because I want to upgrade to a TLB. I am in the process of purchasing either a Kubota BX 25 or John Deere 2305. I like both machines and tried them both out. Here is my situation (cutting to the chase):

I prefer the Kubota machine (very slight edge), however the local salesman (Albuquerque) New Mexico won't budge on his original quote $17,900. This gives me an indication of how willing perhaps the dealer is willing to work with you. He claims the service more than makes up for it. He also stated should I but from another dealer and need local service I would have to go to the end of the line behind all of his lawn mower customers. I did not apply to pre-approve my financing.

I really like the JD 2305 as well. The dealer has been willing to negotiate my crazy offers and we are very close to agreeing in price (which is upgrading the 200xFEL to a 200CX FEL and throwing in a canopy. Also they are more expensive ($18,500). My financing with JD has been approved.

I found another Kubota dealer (Colorado) via telephone about 5 hours away who has quoted me the TLB with canopy and work lights for $16900 plus $400 delivery. Both Kubota dealers occaissonally deal with each other. My financing with Kubota has been approved.

My questions are:

Do I need that local Kubota dealer relationship?
Is JD worth the extra money?
What are the chances something goes wrong with these 2 machines right away?
Does JD cost more to maintain? and does their implements cost more?

Thank you for your replies (in advance).:)

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again?
I think I posted this into the wrong forum. I am going to move it.

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #3  
Rome

There is no way I'd deal with a salesmen who made the comments he did, I'd speak to the owner about him.

Both are good machines, I'd go "green" in this case even if I had to pay a little more.

Harvey

Thanks Harvey, I just moved this post to the Kubota forum but I don't know how to delete? This is supposed to be non manuf. specific so it says.

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #5  
A local dealer is very nice to have but yours don't seem very good. between those dealers I would get the Deere. I needed to go away from the local Kubota desler to find a nice one. After having some problems with my BX it was nice having a good service manager working with me. You need somone to work with when dealing with that company.

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #6  
I don't see what the salesman said that was so wrong. If you don't buy a tractor from him, then need warranty work, his customers should be serviced first. Its good that he takes care of his customers first. If the service is good, like he says, I would pay a little extra and buy locally. I think the Deere implements will run you higher.

What kind of BX, problems?

MDM, It seems their implements are a lot more expensive. Also my concern is they don't have a BH for demo on the 2305. I wasn't sure how it works compared to the BX25. I've only ready the 2305 is slow. I've tried the BX and it's fast enough for me. As a matter of fact none of the JD dealers in the whole State has a BH available. The dealer would have to order it and install it. I would like to get the 2305 with the FEL BH factory installed. Is that possible?

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #9  
The jerking reverse stopping that the last models had. The BX25 don't have any problem with a neck jerking stop. The real problem was there additude about it. Without some great support from a very nice service manager I would have had a much harder time getting anywhere with them.

/ Kubota BX25 or John Deere 2305 Again? #10  
As a dealer I'd be the first to champion that having a good local dealer relationship is the most improtant thing, however for a BX25... we fix so few of them that its probably not the end of the world if you buy somewhere else and have to wait a bit for service.