The Hydrostats are Coming!

/ The Hydrostats are Coming! #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Compact Tractor buyers have had lots of choices among some interesting brands. But, for the most part, if you wanted an HST model, you were going to be looking at the Big Three. Now, may folks WANT a gear model, and that's OK.. But it seems a lot go to the gear route to save money, or whatever, and would love an HST from another choice.

Well, is is official that <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.longagri.com>Long</A> is coming out with a couple of HST models, and pretty certain that Kioti has several in the pipe. Kiotis are said to cover the small up to 30Hp range , while the Long will be 33-38Hp. Both have Korean origins, and the Landtrac 330 has a Daedong diesel, so it may even be that they share a common tranny.

Details are sketchy, so any one that can "fill in the blanks" would be appreciated. Please don't be offended if I haven't mentioned YOUR favorite brand that also offers HST, just post about it I haven't done a comprehensive search.

And, don't forget, that these are very new, while unlikely, a new product can have ubdocumented features that at best make life interesting. I doubt that many dealers have much info, let alone product. And specs may change, even drastically, due to engineering, marketing, or regulatory issues

/ The Hydrostats are Coming!
BTW the picture I posted is from Long's website. I am sure all you Memorial Garden operators will appreciate seeing the nice scenery

/ The Hydrostats are Coming! #3  
<font color=blue>the picture I posted is from Long's website</font color=blue>

Well, Mike, since you posted a public confession
wink.gif
, this is probably a good place to remind folks to review the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/site/guidelines.htm>Guidelines</A> from time to time. Here's a relevant passage:

<font color=red>You may not upload an image, photo, or file of any type that is copyrighted by someone other than yourself, without permission from the copyright holder. As an example, you may not save a photo from another website and upload it to our website. If you wanted to share a photo or page from another website with the discussion forum here, please link to the image or page, rather than uploading it. </font color=red>

In this case, it would be better to just post a link to the picture, using the tag.

I'd post the link here myself, but my old browsers can't seem to handle that web site.

/ The Hydrostats are Coming! #4  
Harv,

Of course in this situation I don't think Long would complain. All Mike did was give them free advertising!!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Kevin

Point taken, in the future I will only post spy pictures I myself have taken/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Or link to theirs....

I don't see where I can remove the picture attatchment. Are you able to remove it? The Long link I listed will take you to this picture pretty easily...

/ The Hydrostats are Coming! #8  
While I'm not in this hunt, might I inquire if this is considered an official "urly" warning?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Yup, I copied the post, deleted it, then recreated it; pasting the original back.

so NOW can we hear about all those other HST things?/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Is there more info on these? Any other new HST brands?

/ The Hydrostats are Coming! #10  
<font color=red>Mike McCloskey</font color=red>

<font color=blue>BTW the picture I posted is from Long's website. I am sure all you Memorial Garden operators will appreciate seeing the nice scenery</font color=blue>

Hey Mike, since you were so proud to be the first to capture and post the photo from Long's website, only to have to remove it. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I thought that I would do you a favor. I am going to repost it for you. Also, of course for those who wouldn't look at the Long line /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif other wise. Now before any of our moderators get trigger happy and remove it.<font color=purple> I have written permission to post it.</font color=purple> I sent an e-mail to their webmaster, Tim Hurlburt webmaster@longagri.com asking permission to capture and post their photos on other websites. (I specifically mentioned TBN). Tim Hurlburt in turn fwd it to, Shenu Agarwal Shenu_Agarwal@longagri.com, who then in turn fwd it back to me with the reply, <font color=blue>Please go ahead</font color=blue>. If a copy of the email is needed, I would be more than happy to forward it to any or all of our friendly moderators.

Enjoy the photo everyone, and have a nice day. The weekend is almost here and that means,
IT'S <font color=red>T</font color=red><font color=blue>R</font color=blue><font color=green>A</font color=green>C<font color=orange>T</font color=orange><font color=purple>O</font color=purple><font color=yellow>R</font color=yellow> TIME !!!

Attachments

• 46-160273-Long330HST.JPG
    46-160273-Long330HST.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 102