Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good?

/ Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good? #1  

WWhunter

Bronze Member
I was just contacted by the local dealer about what seems like SUPER deals on the Bobcat tractors. Basically get a loader for free. Plus a rebate. his quote shows a $6,400 discount. But then I've dealt with enough car dealers to know most of this is just number crap. This is at a price that is still cheaper than a comparable Kubota. I had pretty much set my decision on getting a Kubota but at this price the Bobcat is hard to not consider. It is the CT445 Hydrastatic with Standard level package, loader joystick control valve, GP tires, 9TL Bob-Tach type loader, rear remote, and block heater kit for $19,900. That's less than just a straight K tractor with nothing. I may look at the biggest one instead and the salesman said it was approximately $2,000 more.

Anyone have much experience with the Bobcat tractors? Are they well made. Does anyone know what engine/reliability they have? I live 30+ miles from town and haven't gotten a chance to look at them yet and would like to get some feedback before I bother spending a day in town.
Thanks,
WW

/ Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good? #2  
they are re-badged kioti's for the most part. Good machines.

/ Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good? #3  
Never Heard anything bad about them. I used the Skid Steer in Bosnia and they were ok. I Really Never Heard of them out doing KUBOTA!

/ Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good? #4  
I was close to closing on a Massey 1529, but the deals on Bobcat are crazy right now. I was quoted on three models yesterday. The CT 235 with hydro and bucket is over 2 grand less that the MF 1529, after factoring in independent financing. That a hydro tractor that is a little heavier with 5 more HP. I am going to head up to Irasburg VT tomorrow to check them out.

/ Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good? #5  
I found with the small TLB, when in high gear if you moved the front bucket while traveling the tractor nearly stalls and has a notable power lose. That was a deal killer for me. The fit an finish I thougt were OK. They weight alot more then JD and Kubota so if you are just diggin that would be a good thing, if you need to travel over lawn not so good. I bought a BX instead.

/ Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good? #6  
I was just contacted by the local dealer about what seems like SUPER deals on the Bobcat tractors. Basically get a loader for free. Plus a rebate. his quote shows a $6,400 discount. But then I've dealt with enough car dealers to know most of this is just number crap. This is at a price that is still cheaper than a comparable Kubota. I had pretty much set my decision on getting a Kubota but at this price the Bobcat is hard to not consider. It is the CT445 Hydrastatic with Standard level package, loader joystick control valve, GP tires, 9TL Bob-Tach type loader, rear remote, and block heater kit for $19,900. That's less than just a straight K tractor with nothing. I may look at the biggest one instead and the salesman said it was approximately $2,000 more.

Anyone have much experience with the Bobcat tractors? Are they well made. Does anyone know what engine/reliability they have? I live 30+ miles from town and haven't gotten a chance to look at them yet and would like to get some feedback before I bother spending a day in town.
Thanks,
WW

I don't think that Bobcat has been out long enough to determine on how good they are. However they are manufactured by the same outfit that manufacturers Kioti. It is my understanding the the kioti is a stronger tractor by comparing stats. I don't know if that is a true statement, it came from a Kioti owner. But I would suspect that they are an OK tractor. You might do some comparison shopping against Kioti to be sure.

/ Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good? #7  
I don't think that Bobcat has been out long enough to determine on how good they are. However they are manufactured by the same outfit that manufacturers Kioti. It is my understanding the the kioti is a stronger tractor by comparing stats. I don't know if that is a true statement, it came from a Kioti owner. But I would suspect that they are an OK tractor. You might do some comparison shopping against Kioti to be sure.

The Bobcat tractors are 99.5% identical to the Kioti tractors. They are produced on the same assembly line in the same facility. The major difference is between the implements and NOT the tractor. Kioti tractors use Kioti loaders/BH's whereas Bobcal tractors use Rhino loaders/BH's. The biggest source of confusion concerning which loader is better is the various spec sheets. The Kioti loader/BH has better specs than the Rhino specs but the Bobcat specs are pretty close to even with Kioti. Someone on this forum (Slackdaddy IIRC) supposedly called Rhino to see if their standard loader was different than the one they supply to Bobcat and he said NO. So, someone is embellishing the specs or measuring lifting/digging capacities from different points.

/ Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good? #8  
I bought a CT120 w/loader and mid-mount mower earlier this year and really like it so far. I've only put about 20 hours on it but it seems to be a real solid machine. I looked at several comparable brands and was sold on the hydraulics, weight and the hydrostat drive. I didn't have a Kioti dealer anywhere near to compare those.

/ Good Deals on Bobcat Tractors? Any good? #9  
I have a Kioti DK45SE. I was up at the dealer the other day and looked at the 45HP Bobcat. Other than color, loader, seat cover and few other minor differences the tractors looked to be pretty much the same.
$19000 is a really good price.

Warhammer