FEL Joystick Selection

/ FEL Joystick Selection #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Maybe it is common knowledge among tractor owners, but for a guy who just purchased his first compact tractor with a FEL, I could have made what appears to be an expensive mistake.
It seems that Kubota, for the most part, is including a three port valve with their joystick controllers for their FEL's. If someone has a three port valve, and decides to install a snowblower or a hydraulic angled blade on the BX and B series Kubotas (the only ones I looked at), the equipment will not operate as designed, as these attachments require a four port valve. Now, at time of the initial purchase of the tractor and loader, the upgrade for the four port valve is about $50-$100, when buying a four port valve to replace the three port down the road when you add the blade or blower requires about $700 to $800 for the whole valve.
I'm glad I found this out before I closed the deal. I may not ever use a blade or blower, but $50 now is a cheap way to keep my options open. Just a little FYI.

/ FEL Joystick Selection #2  
Robert, this thread may be of interest to you <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=buykubota&Number=101191&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1/>3 pos vs 4 pos valve</A>

/ FEL Joystick Selection
Kubmech,
Thanks alot. my post was simple, and quite frankly, I really had no idea why there was a difference in a 3pos vs. 4pos valve. Now I know. Can I talk to the neighbors like a big shot?

/ FEL Joystick Selection #4  
Hey kubmech,
Most loader valves I am familiar with have one lever that has four possible positions--power up, neutral,power down, and float (float being all the way forward past the detent), which controls the upward and downward movement of main part of the loader.
The other lever that controls the bucket usually has only three positions. (no float).
I guess my question is, is the 4 position valve you are referring to as having a regenerative postion the same as the detented "float" type? Or am I missing something?

/ FEL Joystick Selection #5  
Let 'em have it Robert /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif...............

/ FEL Joystick Selection #6  
Dancce, the loader valve I'm referring to has the normal float position that has a detent that stays put (forward and back). The bucket dump also has a "detented" position but does not stay put, it will come back to neutral when you let go of the lever. If it is the 4 pos valve, that's the regen position. The newer 3 pos valves are in regen
period, in the dump position.