MachineryLink

/ MachineryLink #1  

clay_rock_xanadu

Greetings: I am new to tractors. We just bought 2.5 acres of wind swept, sun baked, clay & rock west of Denver upon which we are going to build a house & 4 horse stable & generally create a mini xanadu. Should take only 20 years of nites & weekends. I figure that I need a 22-26 hp, loader, blade, brushhog. A small backhoe would be used often if I'm going to shape the land much. I've been trying to get a handle on prices of used machinery, and was directed by various discussion posts to MachineryLink.com.

So here's my question: MachineryLink seems to be pricing equipment way, way lower than actual transaction prices here on the Front Range, and those I'm seeing on Ebay.

Is MachineryLink out of touch with the current prices?

/ MachineryLink #2  
Those prices are what are the average auction prices for that piece of machinery. What you see others selling, esp. dealers, is with a healthy markup. Believe me the dealers go by those prices when buying but not when selling. It's kind of like used car sales. Go to the auctions and you will probably see those kinds of prices.

Another thing that happens as well is that you may be in an area where equipment is higher. Alot of those prices are averaged. I know around here you can buy JD equipment alot cheaper than in other parts of the country.

/ MachineryLink #3  
In addition to what cowboydoc said, the prices on machinery link are for tractor only... No FEL or any other type of add-on...