Advice

/ Advice #1  

Anonymous Poster

What is the best tractor in the 29 to 33 horsepower range. I would want loader, hydrostat drive, power steering, position control hydraulics and telescope wheel if available.

I like the looks of the New Holland but the seating position vs steering wheel height requires to much reach down to be comfortable for me.

/ Advice #2  
"I like the looks of the New Holland but the seating position vs steering wheel height requires to much reach down to be comfortable for me. "

Which other machines have you tried?

Apparently, New Holland is out since they uncomfortable to you.

Asking us which one is the best...boy, you'll get a heck of a lot of opinions!! Including some true believers of the blue machines...
And, none of us can tell you which machine will be comfortable for you.

that said:

What are you going to use the machine for?
How much acreage?
Is your property flat? Slopes? Clay? Sand?

How tall are you?
Physical build (thin, plump)?
Mechanically inclined? (might open the door to a grey market or lesser known brand)

That's a starting point.

Now, my opinion for the "best" is the 790 John Deere for "fit" (about the same size as my 670, physically). This one is gear drive, however (I'm a gear guy). The 790 is 30HP (25 @ the PTO). You can get a loader, power steering is standard as is position control.
Physically, I'm 5'9", 180 lbs, walk with a limp (also a gimpy right hand), somewhat mechanically inclined (own oil changes, can pull the wheels off (just did to get a flat fixed), and other normal maintenance work).

Our property is 3 acres, somewhat sloped. One acre is mowed, ~ one acre is bush hogged, the other is wooded. Tractor is used for mowing and snow removal (~65 yard drive with large parking area) and any other tasks we may dream up. My machine is somewhat overkill for the property but was a great price. And, we want more acreage in the future.

There's a starting point...but for "comfortable fit", you'll have to determine that yourself at various dealers

/ Advice #3  
In my opinion, the JD 4310. The JD 4300 works great for me. FEL is faster than the NH. But I like the color and like the reliability and tradition of the JD, as well as the re-sale value, and that the company has been rock solid, so I expect it to be around in the future. And I don't expect those plus's to come free of charge.
Good luck with your decision. You will also have things that you are more comfortable with, and that are important, such as a great (at least good) dealer to work with.

/ Advice #4  
If you are not in a hurry to get a machine, and there is a Long dealer in your area, you might want to look at the new Landtrac 330 HST 33hp, or the Landtac 390 HST 36hp. I have a Landtrac 360 DTC, which is about the same size physically. I am 6'0" and go about 230, and find the Landtrac to be very comfortable. The steering wheel is about the right height, plenty of leg room. The Landtracs come standard with Posistion and Draft control, 2 double acting rear hydraulic remotes, power steering. You can usually get in to one for a few thosand less than one of the "Big 3"

/ Advice #5  
Try out a Cub Cadet 7305. 30 HP, has tilt wheel and hydro trans. You can get remote hydraulics added on. They also have great loaders. The tractor is completely made by Mitsubishi. You'll get the same quality as a Johnny or a Kubota for about 10% less money.

/ Advice #6  
snydert,

On my NH TC40D the steering wheel tilts forward - backward and telescopes up and down so you can position it where you want it. Also, the supersteer is really nice.

THEBUS

/ Advice #7  
If the New Holland isn't comfortable AND not easily modified to make you comfortable, eliminate it. Look at John Deere and Kubota. They are the other two of the 'Big Three' in compact tractors. Each make fine machines as many here will attest. Don't overlook being able to modify the tractor to make it comfortable.

I ran into the 'comfort' concern on about anything I tried initially. The problem was not the tractors but my height (or possibly the lack thereof among design engineers /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif). In either situation, they weren't exactly built with me in mind./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

In my case, I came across a great deal on a particular tractor and bought it. The modifications I needed to make were to the joystick for the FEL and to the seat position on both the tractor and the backhoe. None of the modifications were difficult and now I have a great deal on a comfortable tractor./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Advice #8  
When you tried New Holland did you try the standard or deluxe model? The deluxe model comes with a suspension seat that adjusts from low to high as you move it from front to back. The seat's suspension can be adjusted for the weight of the operator. It also has the ability to be turned to either side for easier viewing of rear implements. The steering wheel tilts and telescopes so that it can fit a wide range of operators.

/ Advice #9  
<font color=blue>What is the best tractor in the 29 to 33 horsepower range. I would want loader, hydrostat drive, power steering, position control hydraulics and telescope wheel if available.
</font color=blue>

Check out the Kubota L3710 HST. It also carries a $1,400 rebate until the end of the month.

/ Advice #10  
Try the JD 4X10 series Tractors... seats are adjustable up/down - back/forward, plenty of leg room, flat platform and the steering wheel is tilt adjustable. Looking at your horsepower requirements the 4310 and 4410 are worth a look! I love my 4310!