Any Cub Cadet SC2400's?

/ Any Cub Cadet SC2400's? #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Anyone have any feedback on the Cub Cadet SC2400's? Searched the Cub forum but not much there. Got a flyer in the mail, found out I had a local dealer and gave him a call. He was very unimpressed as all these mailings were sent out in our area and he hasn't gotten any info on them from his cub rep?
Anyway, just wondering how they would compare to the two machines I've narrowed down to, Massey GC 2410/2610 and the JD 2305. Man, this tractor buying is worse than specing trucks. All the manufacturers have a feature that I really like but none of them have it all :(

Also wondering: since John Deere and the Cub are both made by Yanmar, the JD has a higher lift capacity on the 3 pt and the Massey is way higher than both. Is there really that much of a difference, or is it all marketing hype, or perhaps a different way each manufacturer measures?
Should I be concerned the Cub only has a single hydraulic cylinder for the bucket curl?
Lastly, I've seen pics of the Cub with a BH but there are none shown on their web site?

Thanks.

/ Any Cub Cadet SC2400's? #2  
Three point lift capacities of all these tractors are similar. Massey specs them at the end of the 3pt arms, and the others spec them at some distance behind those arms where the implement actually is. It is more a spec difference than any capacity difference. Kubota also uses a single cylinder for bucket curl, and it has worked well for a number of years for them. I never had any trouble with the one I had. For some reason the quotes I've gotten in this area for Masseys have been noticably higher than both Kubota, and JD. I don't really have a local Cub dealer so can't speak to that. It all comes down to the features, comfort, and implements / attachments available for what you need done. As you mentioned, backhoes are not available for all, grass collection systems vary in availability, etc. The Kubota BX series has the largest amount of aftermarket stuff available for it, followed by the JD, Massey, and probably Cub in that order. All should make fine small tractors.

/ Any Cub Cadet SC2400's?
OK, thanks. That makes sense, I did notice some were measured at hitch point and some were at 24" behind. Just wasn't sure if it was that, that made such a difference in capacity.
I just haven't seen or heard much about these Cub's so I was wondering if they were any good. I like some of the features they have. Like you say tractor prices seem to vary by a huge amount depending on the area you are looking in, so I'm waiting to see what the local dealer comes up with for a price on the Cub. So far the Massey seems like the best buy for me (and the best prices I've found so far), but the closest dealer is 6 hours away. So I'm trying to find that fine line of getting a good tractor at a decent price from a dealer that is half ***** good to work with.

/ Any Cub Cadet SC2400's? #4  
one thing I realy like about the sc2400 cub is the platform
fits me nice just lifted the seat an inch higher and works great
I am good sized and have a new knee that isnt working worth a darn
the fit was my favorite selling point
have about 35 hrs on it now and only one little problem'
tiller kickstand is was mickey mouse it be gone now