2007 models still available

/ 2007 models still available #1  

SierraWhiskey

Hello all...new to the site and new to tractors. Would really appreciate your help on a couple of questions:

There are a number of dealers around that still have unsold 2007 models, with full warranty and pricing seems to be very good because they have sitting for 2 years. So what concerns should I have, what to look for, etc. It seems it is not uncommon to see 2 year old tractors with low hours with good prices, which means they have been sitting around as well. Thoughts?

I have 35 acres at 7600 ft in elevation, very rocky and for the most part level. Looking for general maintenance, need to move a lot of rock, some small boulders (we had to blast 1/4 mile to get ultilities to the house), remove stumps, dead timber, snowplow, etc. No horses, but you never know. I have been looking at 50hp tractors ( Kubota L5240 w/ FEL and BH90). Most folks around here seem to get buy with 30-40 hp. What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance for help,

Steve

/ 2007 models still available #2  

I got a great buy on this left over 2005 with only 2 hours and full warranty on it.
Hello all...new to the site and new to tractors. Would really appreciate your help on a couple of questions:
There are a number of dealers around that still have unsold 2007 models, with full warranty and pricing seems to be very good because they have sitting for 2 years. So what concerns should I have, what to look for, etc. It seems it is not uncommon to see 2 year old tractors with low hours with good prices, which means they have been sitting around as well. Thoughts?Steve

/ 2007 models still available #3  
I bought a MF 5 or 6 years ago and last year a Montana that where over a year old and both where considered demo tractors. It is not really uncommon to find tractors around like that are 1 and 2 years old. I would make sure they did at least an oil change and possibly a coolant service as part of the sale. Other than that they should be fine other than a maybe a bit of faded paint.
A 30 to 40 hp tractor with a FEL and MFWD can do quite a bit of work. Around 50 hp you can start getting into the utility tractor line instead of the compact tractor(depending on brand/model). A utility tractor is generally built heavier than a compact. Depending on how much loader work you want to do that may be an advantage.

/ 2007 models still available #4  
I got a great buy on this left over 2005 with only 2 hours and full warranty on it.

Good Afternoon LB,
Nice little Kubota but I think its lacking a bit for the 35 acres the OP has. Heck Ive got 10 acres and I would like to upgrade to 40 hp eventually JMO ! :)

/ 2007 models still available #5  
I think a 50HP 4wd tractor would probably be in line with what you want to do. You're in the utility tractor range but you get the ability to to a larger job without risking tearing up the machine. It also allows for a larger selection of implements such as you probably won't find a rock bucket for a smaller tractor that can lift some of the rocks (or quantity) that you made need to move. IMO I think you have more options.

/ 2007 models still available #6  

There are a number of dealers around that still have unsold 2007 models, with full warranty and pricing seems to be very good because they have sitting for 2 years. So what concerns should I have, what to look for, etc. It seems it is not uncommon to see 2 year old tractors with low hours with good prices, which means they have been sitting around as well. Thoughts?

I have 35 acres at 7600 ft in elevation, very rocky and for the most part level. Looking for general maintenance, need to move a lot of rock, some small boulders (we had to blast 1/4 mile to get ultilities to the house), remove stumps, dead timber, snowplow, etc. No horses, but you never know. I have been looking at 50hp tractors ( Kubota L5240 w/ FEL and BH90). Most folks around here seem to get buy with 30-40 hp. What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance for help,

Steve
50. Big mountains - big tractor.

/ 2007 models still available #7  

Steve

Age on a tractor means nothing except to Yuppies. Hours is what matters.

Andy

/ 2007 models still available #8  
Age on a tractor means nothing except to Yuppies. Hours is what matters.

Andy

I agree. If you are getting it from a dealer and it has the full warranty there should be no problem. It sounds as if yoou have found a good deal. Go for it.

/ 2007 models still available #9  
At your elevation I would look for a turbo model or at least the largest engine in a given frame size. It will be making less hp than us low landers.