Dealer Pricing

/ Dealer Pricing #21  
To get an idea on pricing go to machinerytrader.com. You can look up lots of tractors to see what dealers across the country have in stock with pricing. This will help you in your price negotiations.

/ Dealer Pricing #22  
I don't know if you guys have looked into bobcat or not but they have some GREAT deals going on right now. I personally just bough a CT230 (30hp) and with the rebates and free front end loader and the dealer discount saved $9k.

I pick it up this Friday so I haven't used it yet but that is a heck of a deal for a tractor that size. At least based on the previous brands/models I was looking at. My final quote for the deluxe model with mid pto, bob tach FEL and rear remotes was $12k + tax. Not bad at all if you ask me.
Saved $9,000.00? Yeah ok!

/ Dealer Pricing
Marlboro Man said:
The BobCat dealer may have quoted the 27 HP because now they have free FEL and $3500 off on 25 HP and up. The CT 122 is FEL and $1500 off. I recently purchased the CT 122 and I am very satisfied with its capabilities.

Yeah, my Bobcat dealer did that too. But the I would have to pay cash. I lose about $2300 if I take the 0.0% financing. Sorry if it doesn't line up properly but here is his quote:

Description Part No Qty Price Ea. Total
CT122 Compact Tractor M1202 1 $12,000.00 $12,000.00

Automatically Activated Glow Plugs
Brakes, Wet Disc
Cruise Control
Cupholder
Draw Bar, Fixed
Electric Key Shutoff
Fenders, Metal
Front Wheel Assist
Hood, Metal
Horn
Hydraulic Three-Point Lift Control System
Position Control
Hydraulic Power Steering
Instrumentation:
hourmeter, tachometer, engine temp and
fuel gauges and warning lights
Lights:
headlights, tail lights, brake lights
hazard flashers and turn signals
Parking Brake
PTO Shield
Rear PTO (540 RPM)
Rear Differential Lock
Rear Three-Point Hitch Return to Position
ROPS - 2-post, fold down
Safety Interlock System
Spark Arrestor Muffler
Suspension Seat, Vinyl and Seat Belt
Three-Point Hitch, Category 1
Rigid Lower Link Ends
Telescopic Stabilizers
Turnbuckle-Style Lift Rod
Tires: Bobcat Ag R1
6-12, 6 PR - Front
9.5-16, 6 PR - Rear
Transmission: Hydrostatic Drive, 2 speed range lever
Warranty:
24 month or 2000 hours full coverage
36 months or 2000 hours driveline

Standard Level Package M1202-R01-C02 1 $700.00 $700.00

Loader Joystick
Mid PTO
Control Valve

GP Tires - 23X8.5-12, 4 PR (Front) 12-16.5, 6 PR (Rear) M1202-R02-C01 1 $104.00 $104.00
6TL Front-End Loader, Pin-On Style M1202-A01-C01 1 $0.00 $0.00
6TL Front End Loader, Pin-On Style-Factory Installed 120101SUBFI 1 $3,138.00 $3,138.00
Mid-Mount Mower - 54 in. 7148754 1 $1,750.00 $1,750.00
--- Mid-Mount Mower Mounting Kit 7148720 1 $531.00 $531.00

Total of Items Quoted $18,223.00
Dealer P.D.I. $150.00
Freight Charges $540.00
Dealer Assembly Charges $64.50
Discount dealer discount ($2,450.00)
Discount rebate for ct122 ($1,500.00)
Discount rebate in leiu of financing ct122 ($2,510.00)
Sales total before taxes $12,517.50
Taxes: State Of PA $751.05
Quote Total - US dollars $13,268.55

Notes:
THIS IS A CASH PRICE NOT USING BOBCAT FINANCING.

/ Dealer Pricing #24  
If you allow anyone else to give you a "best price" which usually means to most people the cheapest without other considerations such as the quality and integrity of the dealer, you are not controlling your purchase. JD works on a 25% differential. I can only assume other manufacturers are working a similar profile with their dealers. Once you can ball park the differential, now you can establish the price you'd like to pay. Why people do not do this for the most part is because they are afraid they might leave too much on the table or pure ignorance to pricing prevents this process. They worry about other things that really have nothing to do with them. The price a purchaser comes up with is because it is a price he or she thinks is fair for the item. Whether the dealer would have sold you the item for $1000 less had you said nothing, can have nothing to do with what you think is a fair price. I for one am not willing to give up that control because what I establish as fair, no matter what it is applied to, has more value to me than money or owning the item for that matter.. Allow me to give an example.

Recently ( end of last year) I priced out a geared Kubota L3400 w/fel . For this tractor I thought a $17400 price was fair. I was laughed at and as the salesman walked away, he said over his shoulder, when you are willing to give me $19500, we'll talk. I will never pay that amount for an L3400. I just do not think this geared tractor is worth it even if it means I cannot own an L3400. Others may have a different criteria but as a whole, whatever I establish as proper principle in this case is more important than me owning the tractor. If I need an L3400, then it will have to be used. This makes purchasing stuff (or not) alot less complicated in my mind. Get some info, establish your price, present your price to the dealer and whether he is able to accept your price or not, be content you ran your own life. You can even hum on your death bed "I did it my way"

/ Dealer Pricing
Arrow, thanks for the insightful response. I have a pretty good idea in my head what I'm going to pay for what I want. Thus the post. Like I said previously, once this journey has concluded, I'm going to post my 'ins & outs' based on my footwork. I'm going to be sad in one way because I am enjoying the communication here and the comms with the dealers I've been in touch with. I know what I want and need. I am somewhat restricted, dimension wise because of my shed. It will only allow a height of 76" and a width of 66". My preference would be for a local dealer since I like doing business locally. Unfortunately, some dealers like to play games and I don't subscribe to that and needless to say, they won't see my money. I also believe in loyalty. Do right by me and I'll do right by you. In other words, if a dealer gives me the deal where I "bite", then I will continue to patronize his establishment for my needs. That's the way I believe to have a business relationship. In essence, that is what it is. Boy I was really wordy this time. :)

/ Dealer Pricing #26  
Arrow, thanks for the insightful response. I have a pretty good idea in my head what I'm going to pay for what I want. Thus the post. Like I said previously, once this journey has concluded, I'm going to post my 'ins & outs' based on my footwork. I'm going to be sad in one way because I am enjoying the communication here and the comms with the dealers I've been in touch with. I know what I want and need. I am somewhat restricted, dimension wise because of my shed. It will only allow a height of 76" and a width of 66". My preference would be for a local dealer since I like doing business locally. Unfortunately, some dealers like to play games and I don't subscribe to that and needless to say, they won't see my money. I also believe in loyalty. Do right by me and I'll do right by you. In other words, if a dealer gives me the deal where I "bite", then I will continue to patronize his establishment for my needs. That's the way I believe to have a business relationship. In essence, that is what it is. Boy I was really wordy this time. :)

That's ok WM. If there was an award for "wordy" I'm afraid I'd be in strong contention. What I am attempting to state is ... let it be you who gives the deal. I ran into the same height problem with my shed. First the tractor "customized" the entrance when the shed roof had a snow load, then I finished the design the tractor started this spring as the tractor did not make a clean enough cut to my way of thinking.

/ Dealer Pricing #27  
If you're not going to buy locally try Brady or Steve at Barlow Equipment. Barlow Equipment - Home of the Kubota Tractor Package Builder Pricing is spectacular and they are great to deal with. Search for their names on here. Many have bought from them including myself and coludn't be happier. I tried my local guy but with trade in the price difference was 4500. I just couldn't get past that so I bought from Brady and had it delivered 400 miles.

/ Dealer Pricing #28  
I've discovered there are a lot of arrogant tractor dealers.

I would guess the good ones can negotiate like a good auto dealership.

The key is finding the tractor/dealer and good salesman. I was able to get my deal for about $2200 below MSRP last month on the tractor FEL/TLB. Got discount on additional implements too! Also got some freebies!

/ Dealer Pricing
I went and checked out the Bobcat CT-122. I have to admit, it is a nice piece of machinery and I like where the serviceable items are locate, (oil filter, fuel filter). The dealer quoted me $13,268.55 (sales tax is already included), if I pay cash. Its about another $2500 more if I opt for the 0.0% financing. Now here is a conundrum: Do I stick with the Bobcat that is a compact, which will be used primarily for cutting grass but has the snot to move the loads or do I opt for the smaller sub-compacts that have been priced, (so far) more expensive than the Bobcat?

/ Dealer Pricing #30  
financing for 48-60 months at 5.9% you will still pay less in interest than the $2500 "cash back".
as to size - if the 122 will fit in your yard and you're not worried about compacting the soil with it, I don't see a problem with saving some $$ - also, doesn't it come with a cat 1 3 pt instead of the cat 0 on the scuts? that means more options on the used market at lower prices -- also a plus.

whichever way you choose, good luck!