Kubota B3200 vs Kioti DK35se

/ Kubota B3200 vs Kioti DK35se #1  

demoman357

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335, Case 480C
I am two weeks away from purchase. My primary need is to mow a 10 acre mini golf course currently maintained by 3 riding mowers. The Kubota weighs half the amount of the Kioti but is priced only 1,000 less. Ground pressure using turf tires is important (so I am told). Any suggestions, which should I get, why?

/ Kubota B3200 vs Kioti DK35se #2  
There is no question that I would buy the B3200 for that mowing application. Some companies offer an extra large turf tire for their tractors like Massey, and Deere, but I don't know if they are available for the Kioti, and you do give up the option for a mid mount mower with the DK I believe. Not only is the extra weight, and size a consideration, but the DK's while great tractors are not the manuverability champs by any means. I would almost look at the CK35 with oversized turfs, and gang mowers on back for that application before I would consider a DK.

/ Kubota B3200 vs Kioti DK35se #3  
What type of mower will you be using?

/ Kubota B3200 vs Kioti DK35se
The mower I will be using is a 72 inch rear finish mower with side discharge. I would like to go to a 90 inch but I am worried about PTO horsepower. The Kioti DK35se HST does have slightly less turning radius on the paper specs and does have a turf tire/wheel option.

/ Kubota B3200 vs Kioti DK35se #5  
The mower I will be using is a 72 inch rear finish mower with side discharge. I would like to go to a 90 inch but I am worried about PTO horsepower. The Kioti DK35se HST does have slightly less turning radius on the paper specs and does have a turf tire/wheel option.

The Kioti DK35se is actually a 38hp tractor but with HST would be 27 at PTO. I'd think that it could run a 90 inch finish mower so long as the mowing was done regularly.

The Kubota is 32hp with 23 at PTO. A more direct match to the B3200 is the Kioti CK35 which has just about the same HP at PTO. It is still heavier than the B by a thousand pounds or so but has bigger turfs I believe so ground pressure may not be that different. The CK is generally configured with features not found on the B Kubota line and I'd guess it costs a thousand or two less than the Kubota too.

Still, there is no question the Kubota is lighter and that lighter is generally an advantage for finish mowing applications.