Curious if Many Folks are Financing tractors

/ Curious if Many Folks are Financing tractors #1  

Maknwine

Silver Member
Tractor
1951 8N Ford, 1962? JD 4010 WF Gas, 1976 International 154 Loboy, New Holland T2410
Just was wondering about how common or not that people are financing some new machines now or even used ones. The 3 I own, were used ones when bought, I paid cash. Granted they are old as dirt but have done their job to this point. I'm looking at getting rid of my JD 4010 as I no longer need an +8,000 lb machine. Not that I ever really did but it was cheap hp/hydraulics at the time.

So If I can sell it before too long, I would like to pick up a 50hp with FEL. Looking more at NEW Holland but haven't slammed the door shut on others. I haven't called for pricing or what finance deals are out there but I would be interested in financing at zero %, who wouldn't right! Hence, my question about what others may be doing in regard to financing.

Tks
Tom

/ Curious if Many Folks are Financing tractors #2  
Just was wondering about how common or not that people are financing some new machines now or even used ones. The 3 I own, were used ones when bought, I paid cash. Granted they are old as dirt but have done their job to this point. I'm looking at getting rid of my JD 4010 as I no longer need an +8,000 lb machine. Not that I ever really did but it was cheap hp/hydraulics at the time.

So If I can sell it before too long, I would like to pick up a 50hp with FEL. Looking more at NEW Holland but haven't slammed the door shut on others. I haven't called for pricing or what finance deals are out there but I would be interested in financing at zero %, who wouldn't right! Hence, my question about what others may be doing in regard to financing.

Tks
Tom

When I bought my new 2008 Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto) in Mar08, the deals were 0%/36, 3.49%/48 etc. I took the 48-month option which made my monthly payments low and painless. Financing is through Agricredit LLC.

Don't know about financing used tractors. All three of my used tractors (1964 MF-135, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF) were cash deals.

/ Curious if Many Folks are Financing tractors #3  
bought a John Deere 5203 MFWD and MX6 last September and financed all but $4,500 due to the 0% for 48 John Deere Credit had going on at the time. it was just too good of a deal to pass up.

/ Curious if Many Folks are Financing tractors #4  
I've been shopping the following dealers and they all are offering 0% for varying durations: Kioti, Kubota, John Deere and Massey Ferguson. Most expire at the end of June or as I've been told by John Deere "until the money runs out."

/ Curious if Many Folks are Financing tractors #5  
Bobcat was running a free loader plus 0% 48 or a $3500 cash/own financing discount. I got 5 years at 5.74 at my credit union and went with that because it was far cheaper than 0%-48. I would see what cash discout they are offering with any and shop financing. My credit does new only tractors for the same rate as cars.

/ Curious if Many Folks are Financing tractors #6  
If you can get the 0% and especially if you have the cash. You can spread your cash a lil smoother. I'de say go for it.

/ Curious if Many Folks are Financing tractors #7  
You might check and see how much (if any) the 0% interest raises the cost of the tractor. When I was tractor shopping I found that the price went up about $1,000-$1,500 when you finance through the manufactuer.

/ Curious if Many Folks are Financing tractors #9  
You might check and see how much (if any) the 0% interest raises the cost of the tractor. When I was tractor shopping I found that the price went up about $1,000-$1,500 when you finance through the manufactuer.

Bingo.... :D Nothing is free or zero.....

Cash is king.