Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you?

/ Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you? #91  
I'm with your buddy - if you don't have faith in them, are you sure that tractor wasn't out in the barn?

And 5 hours at a great price - sure. But machines like to work. I'm with you, I'd much rather buy a machine that age with 500 hours than with 5. Kinks happen, and 500 hours seems to be nothing for these machines. I've certainly had minor issues with mine (under 500 hrs for 2) that I'm pleased to have dealt with under warranty.

So my 2 cents - worth it if its a great deal, but 5 hours doesn't necessarily make it a great deal. I'd want a bit of a discount for that.

/ Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you? #92  
It does not matter what you pay for it at this point. You have a bad taste in your mouth on the deal. Someone is trying to jack you around, and it has boiled you emotions. If you get the unit, you will be sorry every time you look at it!, You will think of the Jerk that you delt with, and each time you hear a creak or tick or bing, you will cuss that guy.

I have never been happy with a car that I paid what "THEY" said it was worth. I have never been happy with any purchase when dealing with a Jerk.

Buy the bigger machine, you will be much more satisfied. I have a tc29d and it is a little work machine,,, Been pulling trees for almost a month, We had an Inland Hurricane here, and that little tractor has paid for itself many times over. It is an 02 with just now 400 hours. But the trees have treated it pretty rough. Still runs like a champ with a 50foot long pine long tied to the back of it, Going to the burn pile. LOL