Lightest CUT with strongest loader

/ Lightest CUT with strongest loader #1  

Arky217

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4200
Is there a tractor that has a base weight of less than 3500# that has an available loader whose lift to full height at the pivot points is greater than 2500# ?

/ Lightest CUT with strongest loader #2  
if threre is I dont think I want to be very close
that ratio would be a bit tippy I think

/ Lightest CUT with strongest loader #3  
I am with Gordy. Too much wieght inthe front end with that light of tractor would be unstable. Kubota, Kioti, and Mahindra make some heavy tractors woth great lift capacity. Just did all the specs for just about everything before I bought the Mahindra Friday. Needed something a little bigger than the Satoh Bull at 25hp.

/ Lightest CUT with strongest loader #4  
Maybe a skid steer? I agree with the others, a tractor that size with that much lift would probably just fall over.

/ Lightest CUT with strongest loader #5  
Is there a tractor that has a base weight of less than 3500# that has an available loader whose lift to full height at the pivot points is greater than 2500# ?

The closest your going to get to that is a Kioti DK40SE which weighs 4,200lbs and has a lift capacity of 2,761lbs to full height.

/ Lightest CUT with strongest loader #6  
Maybe a skid steer? I agree with the others, a tractor that size with that much lift would probably just fall over.

Most skid steers with that much lift capacity will weigh in the 7000-8000# range.

/ Lightest CUT with strongest loader #7  
I have to agree with everyone else...
having loaded my bucket at what has to be near max load ~1100 lbs.. Tractor weight of ~3500 any ratio that is higher on the load side than the tractor side would be flat out dangerous!!!!

RUH ROH-- I just heard a voice that on TV that sums it all up..
Dont do it man--- Bart Simpson... :eek:

Later,
J

/ Lightest CUT with strongest loader #8  

Don't know the answer. I doubt any manufacturer would offer such an unsafe combination.

However, you can do the research yourself. Go to the TractorData website and find tractors weighing less that 3500 lb. Then go to the Koyker loader website and find the loaders that fit these tractors. The loader lift specs are given there.

Koyker Manufacturing

TractorData.com - Farm tractors

/ Lightest CUT with strongest loader #9  
I think as a rule in general, most of our ag-utility type tractors that most of us on TBN have, lift around 50% of the basic tractor weight. I would say plus or minus 10% would be pretty close. Now 3 pt lift ratings are another story, they are all over the place. :confused:

Last edited:
   / Lightest CUT with strongest loader #10  
I think as a rule in general, most of our ag-utility type tractors that most of us on TBN lift around 50% of the basic tractor weight. I would say plus or minus 10% would be pretty close. Now 3 pt lift ratings are another story, they are all over the place. :confused:

I agree with MVR. My 2008 Mahindra 5525 weighs 5370lb without the ML250 FEL or any kind of weights (loaded tires, hang-on weighs,etc). The ML250 is rated at 2980lb at the bucket pivot pins to full height (10.5 ft). That's way more FEL load than I would feel comfortable lifting that high. Of course, that's just me and my inexperience talking since I've never tried to lift such a heavy load.