Kubota costing more than Deere

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #51  
Why are people so surprised Kubota sometimes costs more than Deere? I ended up with a Kubota not because it was cheaper but because I thought it was a better tractor for me. If you think Kubota only sells tractors because they are always cheaper, you are wrong. Many people would pay more for the Kubota.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #52  
First off I don't think the two tractors have that much in common except the hp size.

The JD is really (between a B and a Grand L tractor) in overall size and weight. I would even say that it probably compares better to a b3030 than to a GL3240.

The JD is much lighter in overall weight.
The JD has a shorter wheelbase.
The JD is not as wide (less stable on hills)
The JD cab series is a smaller cab.
The JD has much smaller front and rear tires (again less stability in comparison to the GL).
The JD has a 3pt hitch that is much weaker (i.e.. not as thick 3pt arms,external hyd cyl etc.) than the GL.

I know that smaller can have advantages over bigger but I'm just making a comparison between the two tractors and I really think that they really don't compare that well as far as size/weight/stability are concerned.

When I bought my 3240 my other choice was a JD3520 CAB and I really liked the JD in many ways, but I needed a larger more stable tractor so I bought the L3240. Price wise the JD was going to cost me $1500 more.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere
I came up with something a little more fair. Yes, the Kubota is still a little larger, but from what I can recall, not too much difference.

L2800-Gear, 2wd, Ag, 28hp~~$12,185

Deere 3005(790)-Gear, 2wd, Ag, 27hp~~$10,699

BUT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BUT

3320-4wd, Ag, Hydro, 32.5hp~~$19,879

B3030-4wd, Ag, Hydro 30hp~~$17,937

The B3030 is 2.5 less, but that won't really make a difference. I did not make this thread to cause controversy, but to post info that I found. So, in some areas Deere is more expensive, and in some areas, Kubota is. It all depends on exactly what you're looking at.

Kyle

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #54  
I came up with something a little more fair. Yes, the Kubota is still a little larger, but from what I can recall, not too much difference.

L2800-Gear, 2wd, Ag, 28hp~~$12,185

Deere 3005(790)-Gear, 2wd, Ag, 27hp~~$10,699

BUT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BUT

3320-4wd, Ag, Hydro, 32.5hp~~$19,879

B3030-4wd, Ag, Hydro 30hp~~$17,937

The B3030 is 2.5 less, but that won't really make a difference. I did not make this thread to cause controversy, but to post info that I found. So, in some areas Deere is more expensive, and in some areas, Kubota is. It all depends on exactly what you're looking at.

Kyle

When it comes right down to it, I think that kubota and deere are very close on price. No two MFGs make a machine in the same HP and weight class with the same features and specs.

In your example, while similar, the 2800 out specs the 3005, especally ont the 3ph and loader.

While the 3320 will definatally outspec the b3030. The 3400 is a much better comparison to the 3320, but still just a bit smaller. While the B3030 is closer to the 790/3005.

But that's the point, it is hard to compare because there are so many differences. Sometimes in a given size frame and HP class, the kubota is a bit stronger, and sometimes the deere.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #55  
One thing to keep in mind is what the uneducated publics perception is. I didn't know a thing about tractors a year ago, and I still don't know very much. I wanted a high quality mower to do my hills with so I wanted 4 wheel drive. I knew Deere was going to be expensive and was almost ready to buy. I went to the Kubota dealer thinking they were going to cost MORE. I was suprised that this wasn't the case. My experience was based on someone I talked to 10 years ago that had a Kubota mower. I can't remember what kind of mower it was or how much they paid for it, but I remember thinking how nice it was and how expensive it was.

I was also intimadated by buying a tractor. I didn't know what I needed or wanted. The Deere dealer was helpfull but didn't really make any suggestions. The Kubota dealer made suggestions and got me in to the tractor I really needed. That was worth the price of admission alone.

I still remember going to the same Deere dealer about 12 years ago when we first move out of town on to some acreage and asking him "what makes a Deere mower 5 times more valuable than what I can buy at Walmart". He just kind of puffed up and said "if I have to explain that to you, you shouldn't be here". Of course after using a cheapie for 4 years on rough ground, I started to figure out the difference, but he could have explained to me why a cheap mower wouldn't hold up as well.