Bad Oil New Tractor

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #191  
Maybe he should have left it in there, just might have fixed that mysterious leak a la Barrs.:p

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #192  
This thread reminds me of the time I was riding around with my uncle while running errands for my grandmother. He had a little early 80's model Toyota pickup that had a small coolant leak that couldn't be found to be fixed. We were on a country road about 5 miles from my grandmother's house and at least a mile from the nearest house when the temp gauge went to the red. We pulled over to the side of the road and the radiator was steaming. He always carried an extra can or two of pre-mixed antifreeze for these occasions, and also always had a few empties. He goes to the back of the truck, grabs one and shakes it to make sure it's full. He opens the radiator and starts pouring what at first appears to be anti-freeze based on color. Then the smell hit us both just as a wad of wet toilet paper poured out of the bottle into the radiator followed by a brown lump.... My uncle had emptied the "chamber pot" at his deer blind into one of the empty antifreeze cans and forgot to throw it in the trash.

His response when he realized what he'd just done: "Well.... crap."

Funny thing was he grabbed a piece of fence wire off the back of the truck and fished the paper out of the radiator, along with the other, ahem, crap :D, and finished filling the radiator up with another bottle of anti-freeze and we drove on back to my grandmother's. He eventually got that coolant leak fixed, and had that truck for another 12 years at least.

Hey Brent,
That was a great story ! :D

Just goes to show that older equipment was much more tolerant of crap ! :D:D:D

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #193  
This thread reminds me of the time I was riding around with my uncle while running errands for my grandmother. He had a little early 80's model Toyota pickup that had a small coolant leak that couldn't be found to be fixed. We were on a country road about 5 miles from my grandmother's house and at least a mile from the nearest house when the temp gauge went to the red. We pulled over to the side of the road and the radiator was steaming. He always carried an extra can or two of pre-mixed antifreeze for these occasions, and also always had a few empties. He goes to the back of the truck, grabs one and shakes it to make sure it's full. He opens the radiator and starts pouring what at first appears to be anti-freeze based on color. Then the smell hit us both just as a wad of wet toilet paper poured out of the bottle into the radiator followed by a brown lump.... My uncle had emptied the "chamber pot" at his deer blind into one of the empty antifreeze cans and forgot to throw it in the trash.

His response when he realized what he'd just done: "Well.... crap."

Funny thing was he grabbed a piece of fence wire off the back of the truck and fished the paper out of the radiator, along with the other, ahem, crap :D, and finished filling the radiator up with another bottle of anti-freeze and we drove on back to my grandmother's. He eventually got that coolant leak fixed, and had that truck for another 12 years at least.

Thanks for that!:laughing: Everyone needs a good chuckle now and again!

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #194  
<> Hi soundguy.. like to mention.....I just love ur whole collection of ol' tractors....u have what I'd like/love to have if I had the room....mind u..... and probley.....a more than understandin' partner...if en u know what I'm meanin'.....take care........ Ampa<> :)

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #195  
at this point I can sneak em home and they just blend in :)

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #196  
well.....crap :laughing: I've read this entire thread in one setting....and no resolution. I should have had the common sense three pages ago and quite "pouring...uh,I mean reading". I'm sueing !!!!

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #197  
Broker, your hand was on the can, your eyes were looking at the oil color. If the oil did not look right, why did you not stop. I think you goofed big time.

/ Bad Oil New Tractor #198  
It will be a long wait to hear the end result because he is away on a long vacation spending the money he received by suing the sales guy at the auto parts store. Or, maybe he is just too humiliated for having such a stupid idea to start with and won't show his face here now.

Soundguy was right back on page 13, we'll never know the outcome.

BTB's last post was 6/1/09, and the last he logged in was 7/4/09.

But I think we all know what the 'green' was(even without an analysis), and since he admitted having at least a dozen "empty" cans..............