A funny call I just got.

/ A funny call I just got. #1  

Heavyduty

Gold Member
I placed my JohnDeere 25A flail mower for sale on Craigslist for $1500. This dude calls me up and after 5 min. of talking with him, he asks "Well, tell me about the tractor that comes with it and is it a JohnDeere?" Holy @#$% are some people stupid.:confused:

/ A funny call I just got. #2  
He had the wrong idea. Good luck with your sales.

/ A funny call I just got. #3  
People are just stupid.
Reading CL everyday, it amazes me these people can even get on-line

/ A funny call I just got.
I think with the economy, some people think everything is worth $1. I just bought 10 ac of land and the lady that I bought from told me the offers she got. Some were 40% to 50% of asking price. I tried to lower the price by 10% and she said that was the most resonable offer she got. I think it's common to haggle a bit, but someone people just want everything for free.:eek:

/ A funny call I just got. #5  
The sad part of it is a lot of people get everything for free..

/ A funny call I just got.
I saw a truck for sale a couple years ago on CL. Looked like a good deal, so I called him up and told him if the truck is "good cond-runs good" as you say, consider it sold. SO, I show up the next day with $10K cash, which was the full askin price. He wasn't home so I knew something was up. His wife came out the house and I showed her the money. She tells me that 1 hr before I showed up someone offered $100 over the asking price and wanted to know if I would "beat the price". I said no thanks and left. Guess who called that night and wanted to know if I could come back with the $10k because somebody never showed. :D Some people.

/ A funny call I just got. #7  
It definitely pays to use common sense. If it doesn't feel right it usually isn't. There are a lot of people out there desperate to make a dollar and if you have one they'll take it... Buyer beware..

/ A funny call I just got. #8  
I don't see anything wrong with trying to find a bargan. Some people think everything they own is gold.

/ A funny call I just got. #9  
very true but there is always someone willing to pay what you are asking, how does the saying go a fool and his money soon part? or something like that

/ A funny call I just got. #10  
It agravates me when you list something at a reasonable FIRM price and you still get people offering you 30% less.