Need help with purchase decision "orange or white"

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white" #11  
I vote the Bobcat. And like someone else said; step up to the 440 for the same price as the Kub. The 440 will handle the largest of everything Bobcat has to offer, for any of their CUTs at this time. The 335 won't.

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white" #12  
I think the Kubota is a better choice.

Service records, what service records? The first recommended service is at 50 hours. You might be 8 hours overdue. Big whoop.

Kubota has been making their own tractors for a long, long time. John Deere has been making their own tractors for a long, long time. Bobcat has been rebadging somebody else's tractors for a little while.

I would be more worried about abuse then proper maintenance. So your only reasoning for saying the Kubota is a better choice is they have been making their own tractors for a long, long time...
In that case go buy an Allis Chalmers tractor, it doesn't fit your needs but they were made for a long time. :rolleyes:
Also, those rebadged tractors have been made by their parent company for a long time as well.

All things considered new is nice, Bobcat is BRAND new in the tractor arena. Will they be in the tractor ring five years from now?
Bobcat may be new in the compact tractor arena but have been making/selling equipment since 1946. I am sure they will be around for plenty of time and even if they stop selling tractors, they will still have parts and service for them whether it's from Bobcat or Kioti.

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white"
I made the choice today and purchased a Bobcat CT335 with 8TL FEL with 66" Bob-tach bucket, 2-rear hyd. remotes, 1-front hyd. remote for grapple, turf tires/rims and industrial tires/rims for $16.5k The Kioti DK35seHST was $17k with FEL, 1-rear hyd. remote and no front hyd. remote and only turf tires.

The comment about moving up to a 44hp machine was well placed but for my application the tractor will mostly be a big lawn mower. Getting both turf and industrial tires and wheels was the clincher. I will probably never use the second rear hyd. remote but what the heck. Grapple is something I already have daydreams about. The Bobcat may not be around in X years, but the machine is really a Kioti, so parts are available within 5 miles. having previously purchased a Bobcat skid steer (T300) the (much larger Kioti) Bobcat dealer was willing to back up the tractor with a larger service department with better trained technicians, and some cool trashy stuff like beverage mugs.

Probably the most odd thing is that my wife said the Bobcat looked more "cute" than the others. I honestly do not know the criteria for "cute" in tractors but I guess we have one.

Thanks to all responders at TBN, you all contributed greatly.

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white" #14  
Actually, it will help that she thinks it's "cute". More tolorant of the "other woman" maybe, hopefully..

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white" #15  
Yeah-- never underestimate the power of "cute"! :D

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white" #16  
Congrats on the purchase and Welcome to the extended Pack! Post some pictures when the animal arrives.

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white" #17  
congrats, lets see some picture of the cute new tractor

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white" #18  
Congrats on going with the new Bobcat. There are alot more advantages to buying new over a used machine with only 4 months remaining warranty. Let's see some pics as soon as possible.

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white"
Ok folks, the tractor will arrive June 15. I will post some pictures of my "cute" little tractor then. This is my first and only (I hope) tractor. Now I have to find a mower for it. Has anyone seen a 3PH platform that mounts a herd of fast-eating goats?:D

/ Need help with purchase decision "orange or white" #20  
Congrat's Man,
Hope when you grow old and gray, you can sit on your porch and still admire your cute tractor setting under the huge oak tree you planted with it.