Tractor Buying Advice

/ Tractor Buying Advice #41  
Sorry to emphatically disagree, but I don't think you will be moving very many round bales with a BX! I believe that you can do things with a larger tractor, say 45 HP or bigger, that a smaller tractor can do but not vice-versa. The dollar-per-HP will be much less. I think someone with that much property (35 acres) will be much better off with a utility model.

/ Tractor Buying Advice #42  
Seth -

Where did you get your BX from? I'm still on the purchase fence and think the BX, although small for some of my work, should do 90% of what I need done, and all of the daily work.

Stan

/ Tractor Buying Advice #43  
Let me pick back a little. It is not tractor popularity that is the goal. While it is certain that some folks buy things for the "show" status, most of us want it to work. Just because one brand of tractor has a particular market sewn up, that does not mean it is the best tractor for a particular kind of work. I agree (and I think I said) that ANY of the compact tractors are good. Clearly if the nearest (pick a color) dealer is a 200 mile drive from your place you might want to consider that as an issue in your selection. But having the dealer next door does not make the machine work any better or worse.In my locality, you can buy any color you like. Parts are no problem for any brand. Dealer after sales support is no problem for any brand. But you know what, there is a lot of Orange in fields, yards, construction sites, and even airports, schools, golf courses and you name it. Strange thing though, the local orange dealers shop looks like the maytag repair place. Everyone else seems prety busy though. If it wern't for that I might be willing to agree that my experiance was unique.Oh yea one more thing. We got a lot of guys around here with green and blue implements and brand new orange tractors. Kind of makes you stop and go Hummmm.

/ Tractor Buying Advice #44  
I don't know why the orange and green models are so prohibitively priced down here, but yikes.. they want to break it off in you. Blue and red are the affordable colors here in N. central florida. Mind you, there are plenty of green and orange tractors, but just as many older 8n's and such as well.

Soundguy

/ Tractor Buying Advice #45  
Got the TC30 and 5 foot Ford finish mower for $12,400. Mine does have the 9x3 trans.
Daryl

/ Tractor Buying Advice #46  
You can move round bales with a tiny tractor, by rollin' them, you just can't pick 'em up.

/ Tractor Buying Advice #47  
I stand corrected....Good one!

/ Tractor Buying Advice #48  
Before I got my NH 1920, I did actually push a round bale with my Yanmar 1700. Kept tapping it with the front bumper, etc. Not the most elegant way to do it.. but if ya can't lift 1200#'s, you find some other way to do it.

Soundguy

/ Tractor Buying Advice #49  
The first round bales I ever saw didn't need much to pick 'em up, they weighed about 40 lbs. apeice.

/ Tractor Buying Advice
I got my tractor from Chili Implements. The salesperson, a great guy is Leon (715-683-2444)