kubota/kioti backhoe question

/ kubota/kioti backhoe question #21  
The B21 or B26 are clearly integrated TLBs, and they do not have a 3rd
hyd pump for swing control. Of course, other TLBs do, as far as I know.
L39/45, M59, to add to your list. No one doubts that these TLBs do a
better job of digging (in the same size/weight class) than CUTs with add-on
hoes. However, I am sure that an L3240 w/BH90 will dig deeper, harder,
and faster than a b21.

As for the LK3054 (LK30)...it was sold as more than just a CUT with add-on
hoe, but less than a commercial TLB. Its hoe, the 2376, fit only the LK
and no other tractors, and it is more robust than the 2375, which is the
add-on for the other Kiotis. (Now 2475). No separate seat, and no separate
swing pump, but hyd flow is prob in the 8GPM range (tho it is hard to get
Kioti specs on implement pump flow that does NOT incl the PS flow). The
B21 has about 8.3GPM avail for its hoe, but the tractor is only 2000#. The
LK is about 3000# naked, as I recall. Different beasts.

B21, in my opinion is definately a more commercial machine than the LK, more purpose built. I'm thinking one of the best examples of a small commercial quality backhoe machine. I've admired them from a far. Looked for one for a while and for the money, I went with Kioti, no regrets though. If money (and boss) were no object then I probably would've gone with either the b26, L39 or JD 110. I really like those three. I do like my Kioti though.

But then if I could turn a wrench like dfkrug I could just get a demolished L39 for short money and rebuild to like new :)

Joel

Last edited:
   / kubota/kioti backhoe question #22  
If money (and boss) were no object then I probably would've gone with either the b26, L39 or JD 110.

Yes but that is the problem, money is an issue for almost everyone. I looked at the B26 but found that for the same price I could get a 41hp DK40se with FEL and a Woods 9ft B90x hoe. Tell me that the B26 will out perform that CUT set up. What the B26 will do is be much more easily trailered and more efficient in a commercial worksite environment however the purpose built TLBs lose big time when money is entered into the equation.

/ kubota/kioti backhoe question #23  
Yes but that is the problem, money is an issue for almost everyone. I looked at the B26 but found that for the same price I could get a 41hp DK40se with FEL and a Woods 9ft B90x hoe. Tell me that the B26 will out perform that CUT set up. What the B26 will do is be much more easily trailered and more efficient in a commercial worksite environment however the purpose built TLBs lose big time when money is entered into the equation.

Can't argue with your logic.

For the average homeowner the price versus capabilities ends up typically being an easy CUT decision.

Joel

/ kubota/kioti backhoe question #24  
Tell me that the B26 will out perform that CUT set up.
Hopefully no one will tell you that. Your Kioti is
so much more tractor, the comparison is laughable. You have more than
2x the 3-pt lift capability, more than 2x the FEL lift capability, faster
travel speed and nearly 2000# more weight. Your hoe goes deeper, with
more force, and you can get AG tires for max traction. The only thing
in favor of the B26 in actual WORK is it IS very nimble, with short
wheelbase and you can get it into tight spaces better.

Amazing what you can get for the same amount of dead presidents.....

/ kubota/kioti backhoe question #25  
I have no difficulty imagining why a construction company would choose a B26 as a compact TLB but for those who don't need the compact form and dedicated functions, there are lots of other choices that might make better sense. I think the B26 clearly outclasses the CK20 TLB but that little CK gave the B21 a very good run in terms of performance that might matter to a private owner. I'm not saying the B21/B26 doesn't have advantages but for the average guy who needs to dig on his property in addition to other CUT functions like mowing or 3PT work, there are much less expensive set ups that will dig just as deep a hole or lift just as big a bucket of spoil.

Again, the issue is not so much whether the B21/26 are good TLBs, as they obviously are, the issue is more what they cost in comparison to CUTs with BHs.

/ kubota/kioti backhoe question #26  
I can just envision the gymanstics required to stay in the seat as you flop it over. I know I'm too old to do it!

It is not quite as bad as your list.

There is enough room to stand in "front" of the seat with it facing either direction. So the drill is:

stand up and turn around to face the seat
run seat back & forth on adjustment track to get it full rear (or maybe that is front, I don't remember )
pull latch & flip seat over
climb over seat & take new position
re-fasten seat belt

The only really awkward part is climbing over the seat. There are good places to put your feet & there are bad places for your feet. There are handholds on the FOPS which help with the climbing. It is not as roomy as the King's castle.

/ kubota/kioti backhoe question #27  
So the drill is:

run seat back & forth on adjustment track to get it full rear (or maybe that is front, I don't remember )
re-fasten seat belt

After reading that list, I am happier with my backhoe mounted seat.
My drill is:
Stand up
Step out of tractor
Step up to backhoe seat
Sit down

I notice you said re-fasten seat belt, that may be a pro for those safety minded folks that wear the seat belt. I doubt there is any backhoe mounted seat with a seat belt. Just the same though, I wonder if there are any flip seats for tractor/backhoe that are suspension seats with all the adjustments of my Kioti seat.

Can someone verify that, are there flip seats with suspensions/adjustments...?

/ kubota/kioti backhoe question #28  
I can just envision the gymanstics required to stay in the seat as you flop it over. I know I'm too old to do it!

It is not quite as bad as your list.

There is enough room to stand in "front" of the seat with it facing either direction. So the drill is:

re-fasten seat belt
<snip>
But I protest -
You said you stayed in the seat! :)
I thought you pulled the latch, flipped back, twisted, and reoriented so your head was above your legs!

You never mentioned standing up and climbing over! :)
/edit - to me I would need a wide enough area to just swivel the seat AND my legs around to make it really easy.

/ kubota/kioti backhoe question #29  
For what its worth...

I've owned both a b3030 plus woods bh80x backhoe, and m59 TLB. Leaving aside the difference in size, the TLB is far and away better. I can, and do, flip the seat around, adjust, and then flip back several times in 5 minutes, with the belt fastened. Controls are set up to move the tractor while trenching (treadle pedal dualed with lever). Easier attachment and disattachment for 3pt. Better frame and capabilities than the equivalent I was looking at in tractors (5740 plus woods 90).

I can't take the FEL off, and no mmm. But as a practical matter I never take the FEL off my b3030, and I kind of dislike my MMM - doing it over, I'd have bought a 3pt finish mower.

Cash matters, and I'm not knocking that. But ex cash, the purpose built TLBs really are a whole different league. the m59 is another world across the board from my b3030, which is a perfectly fine tractor. (both island tractor and I are up to similar things, in similar places, and both found we bought too small in the first place - doing it again I'd have bought the m59 and a ZTR or some such. The m59 isn't very kind to the lawn...)

/ kubota/kioti backhoe question #30  
I used a B21 for three weeks almost exclusively for backhoe work.
I really liked how close the hoe was mounted to the tractor, but I sure
got tired of turning the seat around, especially since you need to lift it
slightly to unlatch it before you turned it.

I really prefer having a separate seat, even though it makes the tractor longer.

Now, if there was a seat that you could just sit in and spin around that would be ideal.

Vic