bobcat 2000 wheel loader

/ bobcat 2000 wheel loader #1  

metalhead781

until i saw the add on craigslist i didn't know these existed. someone is selling two bobcat 2000 wheel loaders. one is in operating condition the other is for parts or fix. they both have around 7000 hrs on them with about 1500 on the rebuilt perkins in the working machine. the parts reference matches other typical bobcat skidsteers so they'd be easy to find. other then a few little details like lights and wipers, everything works on the running machine accept the seller admitted that when working for a while, the machine will become sluggish. seams to only affect the drive system. the seller seams to think it's the pump. seams to me it might be a heat issue or even some other hydraulic issue. the machine does not have wheel motors. it has some kind of hydrostatic rear transaxle with a drive shaft up front. anybody out there know anything about these machines? what might be wrong with the machine as far as the sluggish drive system?

i'd realy appreciate some help on this.

thanks in advance and for reading

Randy

/ bobcat 2000 wheel loader #2  
Aside from buckets and some filters, VERY little is common with Bobcat SSL's.

They were OK machines in their time.

7000 hrs is why the machine gets sluggish as the oil warms up. Pumps and drive motors are worn out and expensive.

I would suggest passing. I'd rather have a 7000 hr engine than 7000 hr driveline.